Wiki Posts
Search

RJ travel, best ff program to deposit travel on RJ

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2017, 7:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skymiles, AA, spg, hyatt
RJ travel, best ff program to deposit travel on RJ

i can not find a clear answer on FT, or RJ web site. So asking the experts here. My business is sending me to Jordan. I will travel 5 times a year for 3 years in business class. My best option is ORD -AMM, on RJ. I use miles mainly for award tickets for family e.g. international awards to Europe or domestic to west coast. Where should I deposit these miles for best earn/burn ratio ? It does not seem possible to deposit with Alaska, and BA charges huge fees for award tickets to Europe. RJ website is not clear on which ticket class qualifies as business but I assume at least 100% of miles flown are awarded. Anyone with similar experience ?

Last edited by Chuckmsp; Nov 19, 2017 at 2:48 am Reason: Clarification
Old Nov 19, 2017, 3:03 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Chuckmsp
i can not find a clear answer on FT, or RJ web site. So asking the experts here. My business is sending me to Jordan. I will travel 5 times a year for 3 years in business class. My best option is ORD -AMM, on RJ. I use miles mainly for award tickets for family e.g. international awards to Europe or domestic to west coast. Where should I deposit these miles for best earn/burn ratio ? It does not seem possible to deposit with Alaska, and BA charges huge fees for award tickets to Europe. RJ website is not clear on which ticket class qualifies as business but I assume at least 100% of miles flown are awarded. Anyone with similar experience ?
AA awards 100% of miles flown (in business) as Redeemable Miles. They also give a cabin bonus depending on which fare code. Details here.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 1:09 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Most or all airlines partnering with Royal Jordanian are members of the One World alliance. For that reason, I'll move this thread to the One World forum for more discussion. Ocn Vw 1K, Senior Moderator.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 11:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Chuckmsp
.. I will travel 5 times a year for 3 years in business class. My best option is ORD -AMM, on RJ. I use miles mainly for award tickets for family e.g. international awards to Europe or domestic to west coast. Where should I deposit these miles for best earn/burn ratio ?
Deciding on a Oneworld Frequent Flyer Program? Help is here.

http://www.wheretocredit.com/rj/j
Old Nov 25, 2017, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Being based in the US, it would appear that AA is your best bet. To evaluate which OW partners credit what mileage on which fares, check each airline's web site. You won't find this information on the RJ site. While agree BA does charge high fees on award tickets, you don't have to use your Avios miles on BA flights, they can be used on any OW partner (subject to availability) and BA's award chart is based on distance not region. The main drawback with BA's program is that to get more Avios per flight, you also have to earn higher status...and you need at least 2/4 BA segments to reach Bronze/Silver/Gold status. With AA you will earn status without having to fly a minimum number of its own metal segments, and there will also be an accelerator based on your status tier. Note that RJ flights take a while to post to OW accounts, and often never do so be prepared to send copies of your boarding passes and tickets for crediting.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 3:20 am

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
It's always a good idea to earn miles on your "main" airline. J cl ticket will get you between 100% and 150% of miles depending on the fare bucket in question. The good thing is that 3x round trips to ORD annually will yield you Gold/ Sapphire status. The status is not that useful when you always fly in J, but it does give extra miles (both award and tier miles).... (160%-185%).
Old Dec 24, 2017, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
As your FT personal info says you're part of Aadvantage, I think you'll do fine crediting to AA, Rules to make own calculations here . Even if you're flying discounted Business (I fare) every return flight is 2494 EQD and 18784 EQM, Multiply both with 5 and add a family vacation -> EXP for you

But, this beeing FT, I think you need to think outside the direct-flight box. I would argue that ORD_AMM is such a long flight, one would arrive in better shape if breaking up the journey with at least one stop in MAD/CDG/FRA/LHR depending on connections, which I'm unable to check right now. Just adding a tiny milage every time, makes a big difference, since it's multiplied with 10 on a yearly basis

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.