Wiki Posts
Search

Please check my ONE5 intinerary

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2004, 8:29 pm
Original Poster

Please check my ONE5 intinerary

Hello -

I'm planning on taking a LONE5 trip next month, with travel (not miles) being the most important factor. After perusing the boards here and talking to a couple TA's, I think this will work, but I'd appreciate it if some more experienced eyes could take a look at it before I try to book it.

- The stops I have in SE Asia are musts, but the order is not important.
- NYC is needed for NAmerica. The ??? is for a spot in the Caribbean, preferrably one with good diving. Suggestions?
- Does flying from LHR to Canada give me more miles and/or q-points than flying to NYC will (with AAdvantage)?
- PER and AKL are for mileage accrual, but I'd be open to using those segments in NA if I can get more out of them; I would like to stop in Chicago if possible. I'm a bit confused about accrual rules for AAdvantage when I fly other carriers; are the PER and AKL flights pointless if I'm flying economy?

SYD-PER(transit)-AKL(transit)-
HKG(transit)-TPE-HKG-BKK-SIN-
LHR-MIL-CAS-LHR-
HRE-CPT-JNB-LOS-LHR-
JFK-???-LAX-
SYD

Thanks for the help, and the multitude of informative posts already here.

Cheers,
David
Old Mar 22, 2004, 8:51 pm

Programs: QF QP NB, PC Plat. Amb, SPG Gold
Firstly, it's only worth the Australian segments if you're able to book them on the AA codeshares - on the QF flight numbers you'll get nothing for them in L class. Secondly, there's no direct flight from PER-AKL, so you'd need to look at your options on that too.
Old Mar 22, 2004, 9:35 pm
In Memoriam

Your itinerary needs work.

As for mileage credit, you get no AA credit on CX or QF flight numbers for L class, and only 25% on BA.

I do not see any direct fights on the following routes: MIL-CAS, HRE-CPT (although you could do HRE-JNB-CPT), JNB or CPT-LOS.
Old Mar 23, 2004, 12:09 am

Programs: AAdv GLD(MM), QF LTS, UA MP_nada, HH Gld, SPG, GoldenCircle Jade
For caribbean diving spots I can recommend STT, BZE.

I have also heard GCM and BON are good - although I believe BON is considered part of South America for xONEx - thus you would need an extra continent.
Old Mar 23, 2004, 2:53 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by GibSpmuh:
Firstly, it's only worth the Australian segments if you're able to book them on the AA
codeshares - on the QF flight numbers you'll get nothing for them in L class.
</font>
A bit more time waiting for pages to reload seems to show that not all QF/CX/BA/etc flights have AA
codeshares. If this is correct, how do I know which flights have one and which do not?

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Posted by Exmo:
I do not see any direct fights on the following routes: MIL-CAS, HRE-CPT (although you
could do HRE-JNB-CPT), JNB or CPT-LOS.
</font>
Sorry, that was supposed to be MAD-CMN. As for how I'm going to get to LOS from Zim or SAfrica, I'm working on it - booking a separate flight, perhaps.

Also, the Qantas info page here
(http://www.aa.com/apps/AAdvantage/ViewMileageProgramsDetail.jhtml?anchorEvent=false& partnerType=Air) seems to indicate that I'd get 50%, not 0% credit on QF flights. Is there is there info posted elsewhere that indicates otherwise?

David

[This message has been edited by dagSD (edited Mar 23, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by dagSD (edited Mar 23, 2004).]
Old Mar 23, 2004, 8:49 am
In Memoriam

I'm not sure what you see on that AA page but I do not see L class listed. Economy RTW used to book in M and you would have gotten credit but now that they book in L you get none.
Old Mar 24, 2004, 5:05 pm
Original Poster

So how does this one look?

MEL-
HKG(transit)-TPE-HKG-BKK-SIN-
LHR-MIL // BRU-CMN-LHR-
HRE-JNB-CPT // LOS-LHR(transit)-
JFK-DFW-BZE-MIA-ORD-LAX-
SYD

with the Milan-Brussels and Cape Town-Lagos segments taken via other means.

Thanks,
David
Old Mar 25, 2004, 4:36 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
No OW airline flies BRU-CMN that I am aware of, so you would need to go via LON which then busts the 20 segment limit.
Old Apr 4, 2004, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

Final (?) intinerary

Looks like it's going to be

MEL-HKG-TPE-HKG // SIN-HKG-NRT-
LHR-MIL // CMN-LHR-CPT-JNB-HRE //
LOS-LHR-JFK-DFW-BZE-DFW-ORD-YVR-LAX-SYD

The TA I'm booking through OK'd this, so I think it should work. All the help here has been much appreciated.

Cheers,
David
Old Apr 5, 2004, 12:16 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
YVR-LAX is codeshare operated by AS (so not eligible to use on a OWE, unless the rules have changed recently). ORD-YVR service is seasonal (during cruise ship season, so roughly june to september) but DFW-YVR operates year-round. Otherwise looks fine. I'd replace DFW-ORD-YVR-LAX with DFW-ANC-ORD-LAX as Anchorage is quite an experience (be sure to rent a car if you do go there) and over the magic 2700 miles for QFF credit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.