Community
Wiki Posts
Search

extra 5 % for a ticket in Cairo?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2004, 5:14 am
Original Poster

extra 5 % for a ticket in Cairo?

hello, I'm planning to buy a one world ticket in Cairo. But I heard of someone that they charge a extra 5 % of the price of the ticket fot the services. Does anyone know if this is correct?
Thanks
Old Mar 9, 2004, 6:04 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Both BA and AA (Emeco) in Cairo charge exactly the published price + taxes. By taxes I mean whatever departure, security and similar taxes are levied by the airports/airlines you are using.
Old Mar 9, 2004, 6:32 am

There is also a tax that Egypt charges based on the price of the ticket. It's 5% but it's capped at a certain amount. I can't remember what it is but you can find the info on the Internet if you do a google search.
Old Mar 9, 2004, 9:39 am
In Memoriam

The 5% international transportation tax is capped at EGP300 (€48) for first class and EGP100 (€16) for all other classes.

[This message has been edited by ExMo (edited Mar 09, 2004).]
Old Mar 9, 2004, 5:09 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ExMo:
The 5% international transportation tax is capped at EGP300 (€48) for first class and EGP100 (€16) for all other classes.

[This message has been edited by ExMo (edited Mar 09, 2004).]
</font>
About the same cost as a visit to Heathrow?
Old Mar 9, 2004, 5:50 pm
In Memoriam

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JohnAx:
About the same cost as a visit to Heathrow?</font>
Actually, less. For non-transit, not EU or domestic pax in first and business a departure at LHR will cost £40 (€60) and in economy £20 (€30). In addition, you will be charged £9.30 (€14) for all departures, except domestic (£5.80, €9) and Ireland (£8, €12), regardless of your class of service or length of stay.

I believe LHR is one of the most expensive airports in the world from which to depart.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.