I've posted some current OW Starfiles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I've posted some current OW Starfiles

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2003, 4:14 pm
Original Poster

I've finished copying all the other OW files that I could find. There's no general index that I know of, so you have to know the name of the file that you want to see. If anyone knows of any other files that are of interest, let me know.
Old Feb 2, 2003, 5:44 pm

That's great, Mark. Thanks. If you happen to run across the new circle trip, it would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.oneworld.com/products/circle_trip.cfm
Old Feb 2, 2003, 6:07 pm
Original Poster

Darren, I think that's the Circle Indian Ocean trip. Sabre's starfile has everything but the fares, but those are in BA's brochure that's referenced in another thread.
Old Feb 3, 2003, 5:27 am

I see, thanks. Yeh, it looks like the fares are the same as the OWE? At least it uses the same starfile.

Old Feb 23, 2003, 11:07 pm

Programs: AA Life time Platinum, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Needs a periodic bump as this link reflects the latest fares.
Old Mar 1, 2003, 9:24 pm
In Memoriam

I have updated my Excel spreadsheet for OWE fare currency conversions with the latest prices supplied here by UserMark and DP-UK. The basic fare data is the same as on FewMiles site with the exception of the following countries that have updated fares:

Australia
Bangladesh
Djibouti
Gibraltar
Hungary
India
Latvia
Lebanon
New Zealand
Norway
Pakistan
Philippines
Sri Lanka
Yugoslavia

The spreadsheet contains a simple, harmless macro used to assure proper sorting of the converted fares. The currency conversions contained in the sheet are to US$ as of 1 March 2003. It contains instructions for converting to other currencies. It can be downloaded here and is about a 300K download (<1 min @ 56K).
Old Mar 4, 2003, 10:47 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
Thanks Exmo, this is the info I've been asking for on these boards for a while now. Really helpful....
Old Mar 5, 2003, 11:37 am
In Memoriam

Thanks to the sharp eyes of headintheclouds a few typos have been found and corrected in the fare conversion spreadsheet. These involve Gibraltar, Latvia, and Lebanon. All the errors were obvious if looking at these countries (e.g. 6 continent fare less than 3 continent, etc.). It is only worth re-downloading the sheet if you are considering one of these countries as an origin.

Sorry for the problems but typing has never been one of my strong suits.
Old Mar 9, 2003, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

There were a bunch of files updated last week. One of them seems to be a new one for Global Explorer originations in SWP. Good luck trying to decipher it. The stopover and routing rules contradict themselves all over the place. Oh, and the Hawaii-SJU issue seems to have been answered.
Old Mar 10, 2003, 6:46 am
In Memoriam

I did a comparison of the OWE new and old files that UserMark posted. It appears as though the only substantive rule difference was the addition of a specific limitation of only one flight between NA and Hawaii. There is a bunch of additional new information but it is administrative in nature and mostly pertains to proper fare calculation.

The two changed pricing files, Europe and North America do not have any price changes in them nor any other real differences. Interestingly, although the Europe price file is dated 06 March 03, the prices shown ex-GIB do not reflect the increase reported by DP-UK.
Old Mar 10, 2003, 11:55 am

Programs: AA Exec PLT; BA Silver
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ExMo:
Interestingly, although the Europe price file is dated 06 March 03, the prices shown ex-GIB do not reflect the increase reported by DP-UK.</font>
When I asked the TA in GIB I have contacts with he said they were introduced 15 Feb 2003. Still CAI seems to be the cheapest now offering F for the same rate as J from GIB. Should get my trip approved this week (company is co-funding) so will people know if CAI prices have changes as well
Old Apr 20, 2003, 5:42 pm
Original Poster

There have been changes in all the files. They seem to be making changes every week, so I don't know how long these ones will stay current.
Old Apr 21, 2003, 12:50 am

If possible could you keep one link for fares purchased before April 15th, and one for those purchased after. Thank you!
Old Apr 21, 2003, 1:02 am

For a while I think the Australian "one transcontinental flight" exclusion for travel to Africa didn't have the "for origination PER/NZ" requirement, but I see it's there now. I wonder why, in times like these, the airlines choose to make things tougher for their customers instead of offering a welcome mat.
Old Apr 21, 2003, 6:04 am
Original Poster

Benoit, I've kept all the old versions. Things might be a little hard to find since they changed the names of all the files, but if you follow the "ONE EXPLORER FARES", you will see a link to the old versions "OW FARES INDEX". They now have all the fares in one file, whereas it used to be scatterd among six.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.