Wiki Posts
Search

AONE- Best Starting Point?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2003, 9:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, BMI Gold, LH Senator, Hyatt Diamond
AONE- Best Starting Point?

Where is the cheapest place to ticket a 4 or 5 Cont F AONE? I have done calculations off the website and came up with the best prices being:
Egypt, Gibraltar, Thailand, Taipei, New Zealand
Will have to use miles anyways to get from US or Spain anyways so fairly open for starting point, but what would be best place to start in terms of most miles earned and best cost?

------------------
"Fly me to the moon and let me earn alot of miles."
Old Jan 12, 2003, 1:02 am

Programs: AA PLAT, UA GLD, HH GLD
Have you considered YYZ or YVR as a origin point? Tix is higher than say originating from GIB but the lower cost of traveling from US to Canada may offset that higher cost.
Old Jan 12, 2003, 2:02 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Does anyone have GIB travel agent? I am having no luck finding one!
Old Jan 12, 2003, 10:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, BMI Gold, LH Senator, Hyatt Diamond
Canada is pricing about $7000 for 4 Cont F and about another $1800 more, all in USD of course. Most Euro countries are pricing the same at 8400 and I forget for 5 Cont F. It is my understanding that Canada has the highest departure taxes of them all, however yes I am considering the RTW from either Toronto or Montreal.

------------------
"Fly me to the moon and let me earn alot of miles."
Old Jan 12, 2003, 3:35 pm

I bought a ticket from AKL about 6 weeks ago and it was still a good deal. With the devaluation of the US dollar do not know at this time
Old Jan 13, 2003, 8:41 pm

I don't have the tix in my face so this may be a bit off, but the total of prepaid taxes and fees listed on the tickets for my last ex-Canada OWE(4C, A-class) was something like US$350. I don't remember the CA piece, but at least it wasn't attention-getting.
Old Jan 14, 2003, 3:49 am

Programs: AA Exec PLT; BA Silver
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Markie:
Does anyone have GIB travel agent? I am having no luck finding one!</font>
[email protected] is the guy I use there - very good speedy service - please tell him you got his name off the site.

Old Jan 16, 2003, 11:54 am

Programs: Mucci Gold Class
I'm half way through an AONE5 purchased in Gibraltar (I used Henry at Bland travel too). Priced out at GBP4670 incl taxes.

There are no ABTA agents in GIB but Bland are a good company (own GB Airways, the BA franchisee that flies you there, as well as the Rock hotel).
Old Jan 16, 2003, 7:21 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, Delta Gold, Marriott Plat, HHonors Diamond
Our Oneworld RTW First and Business class booking service can handle it for you: http://flyaow.com/oneworldrtw.htm

The service can originate RTW and Circle trips in First or Business from almost any point around the world.

Comments welcomed.

Cheers!
Old Jan 16, 2003, 11:24 pm
In Memoriam

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by flyaow:
Our Oneworld RTW First and Business class booking service can handle it for you: http://flyaow.com/oneworldrtw.htm

The service can originate RTW and Circle trips in First or Business from almost any point around the world.

</font>
At the fare in the country of origin or in the country of ticketing and sale (if other than the country of origin)? If the former, how do you deal with the new OWE SOTO rule, e.g. UK based pax ticketing ex-GIB? Do you ticket directly or work with an agent in the country of origin?
Old Jan 17, 2003, 2:05 am

Programs: AA EXPLT, BA Gold, Shang Elite
i suppose if you can issue from the country of lowest fare (e.g. GIB/NZ), then SOTO fare of another country means you would use the higher fare of the 2 countries, or something along that line?

in other words, if the agent is based in gib/nz, and he will issue an ex-AMS for someone living in UK. he will mail the pax the tkt from gib/nz at the ams fare?

[This message has been edited by pegasus8228 (edited 01-17-2003).]
Old Jan 17, 2003, 11:30 am

Programs: AA 1MM, Delta Gold, Marriott Plat, HHonors Diamond
ExMo and Pegasus,

Excellent question! The service actually has multiple methods of issuing the best fare. The specialized agents are extremely familiar with all of the ticketing rules, exceptions regarding country of origin pricing depending on type of ticket, and also work with agencies in several low cost countries to search out the best fare based upon your needs. But you simply deal with one agent for all changes, modifications, etc.

It provides you a single contact point that you can use on a regular basis. I encourage you to try it out for a quote and see how well it works. Then let me know what you think!

The service also has very good access to other carriers as well should you choose to go non-Oneworld for a particular segment or trip.

Cheers!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.