Search

"Swiss Still Far from Oneworld Membership"

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2002, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP - Lifetime Plat
"Swiss Still Far from Oneworld Membership"

http://biz.yahoo.com/rf/020828/airlines_swiss_1.html

ZURICH, Aug 28 (Reuters) - Swiss International Air Lines (Zurich:CROZn.S - News), the successor to failed Swissair, is still far from its key goal of joining the Oneworld alliance, which would boost traffic and profits, industry sources said on Wednesday.

A spokesman for Swiss, which on Sunday indicated it could announce a joint frequent flyer programme with British Airways Plc, said on Wednesday this deal was not ready yet. Such an accord could be the first step on a long road to closer ties.

Chief Executive Andre Dose has made it a top priority to become a full member the eight-strong Oneworld, which is headed by AMR Corp (NYSE:AMR - News) unit American Airlines and
Old Aug 28, 2002, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Told you so. Andre Dose can dream all he wants. They are not getting in because they are NOT necessary.
Old Aug 28, 2002, 7:20 pm

As I have pointed out at another occasion, I am convinced BA will let Swiss in if they accept their role as feeder airline -- then they are a great asset for BA in Europe to compete with the Lufthansa/AUA monopoly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.