Wiki Posts
Search

Rerouting unused segment of Around the World Ticket

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2002, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA-PlatPro, B6-Mosaic
Rerouting unused segment of Around the World Ticket

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post my query, but since I bought my ticket at Qantas, I'm giving this a try. I bought an around the world ticket and was unable to use one of my North American segments because a British Airways flight I was on arrived after my connection had already taken off. I hired a car and drove the 2 hours to my next destination because I could not wait around for the next available flight (6 hours later). My segment was reinstated for MIA-RSW, the flight I missed.
My question is, can I get my segment reinstated to be used for a new destination. I will not be traveling to MIA again, and I would like to use the segment to go to the west coast. Any experience with this or advice on who to contact?

Thanks!!

Aussiemate
Old Jul 9, 2002, 7:53 am

My understanding of rtw's (OWE in particular) is that you've been "charged" with using the segment whether you flew it or used surface transportation (open jaw). You cannot simply "pop up" in a different city to continue your journey. Of course it costs nothing to try.
Old Jul 9, 2002, 9:28 am
Community Director Emerita

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JohnAx:
My understanding of rtw's (OWE in particular) is that you've been "charged" with using the segment whether you flew it or used surface transportation (open jaw). You cannot simply "pop up" in a different city to continue your journey. Of course it costs nothing to try.</font>
Our experience is that we aren't charged for the open jaw. We frequently switch between flying into and out of SAN and LAX, depending on which minimizes our flight segment useage.

In January, we did not use an LAX-SAN segment we had booked. AA reissued the ticket and gave us the other segment for domestic travel. It confused the agents, both on the phone and at the counter, but they eventually agreed that the segment was unused and available for a different routing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.