Ticket time limit for RTW itins booked in "A" class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2002, 1:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)

If I make a booking for a RTW itinerary in December, how long will the airlines (CX, BA, AA etc.) hold my reservation before cancelling it if it is not ticketed or priced by the rate desk?

Can I make a reservation and maybe have it ticketed in October or November, or before the price increases (whatever comes first)?
Old Feb 2, 2002, 1:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
For trips originating in USA/Canada, you require 7 days prior to departure.

For other cities, you can issue ticket up to 1 hour prior to departure.

But remember, even if a fare is 'stored' on your reservation, it is only guaranteed for 24 hours. So when it comes time to ticket and the fare has gone up, you'd have to pay the new fare.
Old Feb 5, 2002, 12:18 pm

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
I think ex-BKK fares are also 7 days in advance... not sure about other countries, but I didn't know that you could do 1 hour prior to departure from some cities...
Old Feb 5, 2002, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by tfung:
I think ex-BKK fares are also 7 days in advance... not sure about other countries, but I didn't know that you could do 1 hour prior to departure from some cities...</font>
The CX/UA RTW fare is 7 days in advance, not the Oneworld Explorer fare. Travel agents and airlines would prefer to have you believe that its 7 days prior as you know that tickets issued in Thailand are a bit more complicated than just handing over your credit card!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.