Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

17 segment ticket, where to issue?

Old Jan 28, 02, 2:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)

I am planning to get a Oneworld Explorer ticket that has 17 segments, however according to other posts in this forum, Sabre can only print 16 segments.

Will I still be able to make the booking at my usual travel agency (they let me book the flights in their Sabre system) and then have CX issue the ticket without my travel agent losing his commision?

Or is it better that I go to the CX ticket office in YVR bypassing my travel agent? (if he finds out, he would be mad)
Old Jan 28, 02, 7:00 am

Programs: AA EXP 10MM, BA GLD, SPG PLT, HH D
Sabre can print up to 24 segments on ATB ticket ticket stock (this includes surface sectors). Also, if your agent is issuing ticket on CX ticket stock he will only receive $100.00 commission (max.) on your ticket. Most agents unfamiliar with RTW's find it is not in their best interest to issue these "complex" tickets and only earn $100.00.

Additionally, if you have more than 24 sectors that you want to fly you can have your ticket reissued later for a $75.00 fee after you have begun travel and used up some of the orginal sectors.

Hopefully this has been helpful to you.
Old Jan 28, 02, 10:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by TrvlGuru:
Sabre can print up to 24 segments on ATB ticket ticket stock (this includes surface sectors). </font>
Well, I am in Canada and the travel agents here use OPTAT (The ticket stock where there are four red carbon backed coupons printed over with a dot-matrix printer) instead of ATB ticket stock. Will this have any affect?
Surface sectors on OPTAT tickets waste one flight coupon!!

In Canada, I believe CX pays the agents CAD 140.00 or 120.00 (don't remember the figure) max for commision.

Old Jan 29, 02, 12:53 pm

Is the commission decided by the airline, or do all OW's pay the same? (Must be all the same, else the agency would ticket on the most generous carrier, no?)

Search this Thread