Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

"Executive Airlines" for American Eagle - Valid for OWE?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2001, 8:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: Still a lowly Blue with BA but inching towards Bronze. Managed to get to KLM Silver!

A few months ago I called BA with a couple of queries regarding flights out of SJU operated by Executive Airlines for American Eagle. I was told that as Executive Airlines were a oneworld/American Airlines affiliate then they were allowable. My travel agent has now tried to book these with Qantas but has been told that it is not allowed. I've told her what BA told me so she has gone back to Qantas.

Has anyone tried and succeeded to book Executive Airlines flights?
Old Dec 10, 2001, 5:53 pm

Programs: AA PLT/5MM; AS MVP GLD 75K; DL DM; EK SLV; HHonors DIAM; Marriott GLD
Can you provide more details (i.e. airline code and routing)?
Old Dec 11, 2001, 7:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: Still a lowly Blue with BA but inching towards Bronze. Managed to get to KLM Silver!
The flights I'm looking to book are:-

SJU - EIS (Beef Island, BVI)
EIS - SJU
SJU - BGI (Barbados)

According to the timetables the flights are American Eagle operated by Executive Airlines. As far as I can see Executive do not operate the flights under any other number apart from AA's therefore they are not codeshare. According to the AA RTW desk they should be valid and I've passed this info on to my TA. Unfortunately, both BA and QF in South Africa are saying BA in the UK and AA RTW desk are wrong and they are right!

Surely it would not be too much for the oneworld airlines to publish a clear and concise list of all valid carriers and affiliates?
Old Dec 11, 2001, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They are American Eagle flights and are bookable. American Eagle is comprised of three FAA certificate-holder airlines: American Eagle Airlines, Executive Airlines, and Business Express Airlines (there used to me more, but they have been merged). They are all 100% owned by American Eagle/AMR. Recently the DOT or FAA has cracked down on codeshares and requires full disclosure of the certificate-holding carrier that provides transport; hence the disclaimer of "operated by Executive Airlines for American Eagle".

If Qantas won't book it, ask them to check with AA's RTW desk for confirmation. And yes, AA should make it easy by clearly spelling out that Executive Airlines and Business Express are OW affiliates due to their 100% ownership.
Old Dec 11, 2001, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

From AMR's Annual Report/10K:

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">"In addition, AMR Eagle Holding Corporation (AMR Eagle), a wholly-owned subsidiary of AMR, owns two regional airlines which do business as "American Eagle" -- American Eagle Airlines, Inc. and Executive Airlines, Inc. Business Express, Inc. was merged into American Eagle Airlines, Inc. in December 2000. The American Eagle carriers provide connecting service from eight of American's high-traffic cities to smaller markets throughout the United States, Canada, the Bahamas and the Caribbean.</font>
Old Dec 11, 2001, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

Thanks Hillrider. I've sent my TA a copy and asked her to forward it to Qantas.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.