Reload this Page >

Malaysia Airlines is about to join the Oneworld Alliance

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Malaysia Airlines is about to join the Oneworld Alliance

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2011, 12:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by Gamecock
CPT-EZE?!? That is awesome!
Indeed. The South America to South Africa link was a key link that was missing in OW. I'm surprised LAN hasn't even looked at this market especially considering World Cup was in South Africa last year. A non-stop between SCL/EZE/GRU-CPT/JNB is much better than routing all the way to Europe first. ^
Old Jun 7, 2011, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by kcaluwae
Found on KLM website that their JV will remain.
So it will be a 'Ménage à trois'
The joınt venture would contınue untıl MH formally joıns OW.
Old Jun 7, 2011, 5:46 pm

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Originally Posted by headinclouds
I would agree to your argument, except that Dakar,Senegal and Malbo, Equatorial Guinea have the same problem as for Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya and Uganda. Yet these countries are not on the exception list. Or is that another quirk of the OW rules.
I don't know the history of Oneworld - when did IB join? It might be that they never got around to adding those two countries to the exception list when IB joined.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 2:00 am

Location: Austin, TX -- AA Life Platinum; QF Life Silver; UA Silver
Great news! It's showing up on aa.com now as well.

I've flown MH several times now (EZE-CPT, BKI-SDK, TWU-BKI, LAX-TPE-LAX in J) and have been quite pleased with their service. A good addition to OW.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 3:11 am

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by pandaperth
I don't know the history of Oneworld - when did IB join? It might be that they never got around to adding those two countries to the exception list when IB joined.
IB became a member elect on 15 February 1999 and joined the alliance on 1 September 1999 along with AY.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 10:20 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
I just only wish MH would re-start LAX-NRT again. It was yet another great airline to go to Japan.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by kebosabi
I just only wish MH would re-start LAX-NRT again. It was yet another great airline to go to Japan.
You want a THIRD OW carrier to fly your chosen route?
Old Jun 8, 2011, 11:51 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by millionmiler
You want a THIRD OW carrier to fly your chosen route?
Well, you have 4 *A carriers flying NYC-FRA. So why not?
Old Jun 9, 2011, 12:54 am

Programs: NZ , QF , MK
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
Well, you have 4 *A carriers flying NYC-FRA. So why not?
4 ? CO, SQ, LH and ????
Old Jun 9, 2011, 5:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: CX MPO
Originally Posted by kiwiandrew
4 ? CO, SQ, LH and ????
UA?
Old Jun 9, 2011, 5:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: CX MPO
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
The joınt venture would contınue untıl MH formally joıns OW.
hope you're right, on AFKL forum there is a post in which some MAS VP claims the existing JV will continue anyway. I think it's high time for OW to start enforcing some practices long been made by the other two alliances for new entrants, namely the immediate closure of any intra-alliance relationship and the redeployment of flights to alliance's main hub.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 2:41 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by CXBA
hope you're right, on AFKL forum there is a post in which some MAS VP claims the existing JV will continue anyway. I think it's high time for OW to start enforcing some practices long been made by the other two alliances for new entrants, namely the immediate closure of any intra-alliance relationship and the redeployment of flights to alliance's main hub.
When MU joins Sky Team, its corporation with JAL and QF will continue.

The corporation between QF and AF, AZ is continueing as well.

Some commercial contracts once signed, could not be suspended regardless which alliance you have joined, by the discretion of the participating airlines before the alliance membership.

JV is easy to set up but very costly to quit due to the heavy fine on breach of contract. Two airlines have to agree with mutual interests to cancel such a deal. It will be unlikely for MH to quit first.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 4:20 am
Suspended

Have you actually read the "corporation" contract? ... I didn't think so. Contracts commonly have early termination provisions. Not every termination is a "breach."
Old Jun 16, 2011, 2:47 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by chongcao
Question is, what FireFly will fit into the picture?
Unfortunately, according to http://www.oneworld.com/ow/member-ai...elect#Malaysia, as of now none of MH's affilate is joining OW.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 3:37 am

I wonder if AY will have the balls to start HEL-KUL. It would be a no-brainer if AY hadn't started HEL-SIN a few weeks ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.