Community
Wiki Posts
Search

upgrade on CX with OW Sapphire level?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2000, 5:20 pm
Original Poster

upgrade on CX with OW Sapphire level?

Can somebody tell me if I've got any chance to be upgraded from coach to business with a BA Silver EC card (OW sapphire) ? Experienced upgrade at check-in with BA but seems that CX is pretty much reluctant about such upgrades, at least from Europe...other experiences to share ?
Thanx a lot!
gemini
Old Jul 18, 2000, 12:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
I've been upgraded for operational reasons (overbooking in Y cabin) on a couple of occasions when holding Sapphire on Cdn (before it left oneworld). This leads me to believe they do use a priority based on your oneworld status, should their own elites not be in the back cabin. (It was offered to me at check-in.) If the back cabin is not overbooked, you are quite unlikely to be upgraded, but I've always found the seat next to me has been left empty.
Old Jul 18, 2000, 2:56 am
GK

Programs: reformed ex basic Member
I had good experience on CX to from LHR/AKL with front row, emoty seat next to me and an upgrade to business class all the way home. Maybe the AKL CX staff are just nicer.
Old Jul 18, 2000, 8:17 am

I was upgraded last week in HKG from Y to business class. As a matter of fact, they didn't even say anything to me, but when I received my boarding card, I noticed by the seat number that they had bounced me up. By the way, that was using a BA Gold card.
Old Jul 18, 2000, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

thanx all for your reply!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.