Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

What oneworld itinerary do you have planned for the bonus?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What oneworld itinerary do you have planned for the bonus?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2000, 11:34 am

i have a new routing that i am starting on next week. the plan is bcn-mad-mia-pty-lga/jfk-sjo-bos-lax-hkg-sel-tpe-syd-mel-per(th)-lhr-cmn-mad-bcn. this price of this seems to be $3840 in biz and $2293 in econ, which is very similar to my earlier proposed routing from ams. i tried to start this is casablanca(cmn) but, the biz price(what i'm opting for) went up to over $5000. so, even though it is europe, it doesn't seem to price like continental europe does. the woman at the rtw desk said quite often american use miles or something to get over to europe and start their trips there as they are so much less money than starting in the us.

i'm still waiting for a final price, because i may have a couple too many segments in europe. if so, i guess i'm gonna have to settle for 50K on both ba and aa and just 4 continents on la. it's better than nothing.
Old Jun 26, 2000, 11:38 am

i have a new routing that i am starting on next week. the plan is bcn-mad-mia-pty-lga/jfk-sjo-bos-lax-hkg-sel-tpe-syd-mel-per(th)-lhr-cmn-mad-bcn. this price of this seems to be $3840 in biz and $2293 in econ, which is very similar to my earlier proposed routing from ams. i tried to start this is casablanca(cmn) but, the biz price(what i'm opting for) went up to over $5000. so, even though it is europe, it doesn't seem to price like continental europe does. the woman at the rtw desk said quite often american use miles or something to get over to europe and start their trips there as they are so much less money than starting in the us.

i'm still waiting for a final price, because i may have a couple too many segments in europe. if so, i guess i'm gonna have to settle for 50K on both ba and aa and just 4 continents on la. it's better than nothing.
Old Jun 26, 2000, 12:47 pm

Ionman:

This routing is very similar to mine, so if you don't mind me asking what airline programmes are you planning on crediting these flights to?
Old Jul 11, 2000, 4:33 pm

finalized itinerary looks something like this

bcn-lhr-lax-bos-mia-lga/jfk-yvr-hkg-sel-sin-kul-mel-syd-bne-per-fra-bcn.

ticket prices at $4041USD in biz w/ 1 extra segment in asia. should be able to get maximizer bonus as well as everything from jfk through mel is on cx(9 segments total; 4 changes through hkg!).

am starting in europe this wknd, doing the north american segments over the next couple of weeks allowing some time for myself to go to work in new york, and then doing asia and australia in august. i am using mia to find a last minute cheapo to real south america, and will try to buy some additional lan chile segments there. if nothing comes up, then i will add some central american city in between, as i have two north american segments left over.

the plan is to get 50k on ba & aa, 80k on la, as well as whatever 5 continents is on ib.

[This message has been edited by lonman (edited 07-11-2000).]
Old Jul 11, 2000, 11:09 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Just as a warning I'm already having problems getting segments posted.

LanChile is the cuplrit - over 30 days since I took my flights and no credits on any airline.

I've faxed American, BA and Qantas more than once and whilst QF have added the miles to my account they're not showing as a flight - just some non-flight bonus miles even though my status miles have gone up correctly.

I have to say that I was very disappointed with my Lan experiences - they're really not up to the standards of BA, or even AA.
Old Jul 12, 2000, 12:20 am

lonman,

how did you chose those programs for your bonus? i am going for AA and BA as my number 1 and 2, but i chose Cathay as number 3 for an extra 50K. This is enough to do a 1 way business class from the us to europe. It also offers 1 ways within the US on AA.

I was turned on to this by Guy Betsy and have found those 1 Way awards are suprisingly beneficial.

rich
Old Jul 12, 2000, 1:09 am

Programs: DL Diamond MM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond . www.chicagosemianrs.org
I hate to be late posting this but here it is. We are halfway through now and am home (JAN) for a few days. Thanks to everyone for there help.

RTW for $6100

SEL
HKG
NRT
HKG
SIN
MEL
AKL
SYD
PER
SYD
JFK
MIA
EZE
SCL
EZE
SCL
EZE
MIA
DFW
JAN - we are taking a breather for a few days and am catching up on work

JAN
DFW
JFK
LAX
LHR
TLV
LHR
FRA
LHR
JNB
DUR (Durban)
JNB
VCF? (Victoria Falls)
JNB
HKG
SEL

That should give us 5 programs with 100k.

I was hoping to write the trip reports as I went but I haven't had time. The wine and champagne have been too good. I have been taking careful notes though. I will hopefully be able to get started on them in a few days. Pictures included.
Old Jul 12, 2000, 1:20 am

Location: WILD ANIMAL PARK (SAN), CA> GOLD-CO, MARRIOTT, HH, STARWOOD, HYATT,
Gosh, I Would love to join you Folks and do this. Your posts are motivating. But I am afraid I just don't have enough know how to plan all the flights from San Diego.
I have been loyal to NW, since Western Airlines was taken over by Delta. This year it is Continental.
Have been all over the Asia, Europe, Sydney and Mexico.
Anyone, want to put together a flight plan for me? WOuld really appreciate it!

------------------
It is never too late to have a HAPPY CHILDHOOD!
Old Jul 13, 2000, 10:11 am

i didn't know about the possibility of getting a cx account being based in the us? what are the rules? do you have to pay for it? i had applied for the other programs cards after the last promotion, but thought that cx was off limits.

away to the website i go!!!

p.s. another question...did you know it is not possible to upgrade flights bought on these rtw fares with mileage? aadvantage wouldn't allow me to use miles on two segments i had scheduled on aa to go from c to f. i instead switched my fligts to ba and cx respectively as i know aa biz class well enough, and decided to try the competition instead. please tell me this info is wrong, so i can switch my itinerary back.

[This message has been edited by lonman (edited 07-13-2000).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.