Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

What oneworld itinerary do you have planned for the bonus?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What oneworld itinerary do you have planned for the bonus?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2000, 10:15 am
R2

Thanks. Do you/anyone else know if such 1W RTW service desk exists in Europe?

------------------
Old Jun 15, 2000, 12:49 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA 1.8 MM, DL, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold,
Originally posted by lonman:
dare i ask, terenz, how many days long is the trip?

[This message has been edited by lonman (edited 06-09-2000).]
I just finished 3 contintents this week all booked on AA. Here it is: AA MIA-EWR,EWR-LHR...BA LHR-TLV...TLV-MAD...IB #3700 operated by Air Maroc and using Air Maroc metal-CAS..IB#3701 operated by Air Maroc using Iberia metal..IB MAD-LHR, AA 777 LHR-CHICAGO-MIA The BA counter told me TLV was ASIA and CAS was AFRICA I hope I don't get screwed!

------------------
MRKEY
Old Jun 15, 2000, 12:49 pm
In memoriam

Originally posted by sarecca:
Actually, Iberia has a flight from Madrid to Casablanca and back ON IBERIA metal, and NOT Royal Air Maroc. Iberia flight 3700 to Casablanca from Madrid, and Iberia clight 3701 should do the trick.
wrong- I just flew 3700 and it is for sure Air Maroc metal!

------------------
MRKEY
Old Jun 15, 2000, 12:57 pm

I hate to disagree with you, but IB 3700 is flown on a 727-200 . Royal Air Maroc does not have any 727. According to IB people, it is their plane. Same with IB 3701 from CMN to MAD
Old Jun 15, 2000, 1:03 pm

I hate to disagree with you, but IB 3700 is flown on a 727-200 . Royal Air Maroc does not have any 727. According to IB people, it is their plane. Same with IB 3701 from CMN to MAD
Regardsless of metal, if you've purchased this segment as part of a Oneworld RTW ticket, then the flight should count towards the bonus. OW RTW ticket cannot purchase code-share flights, so if they let you book it, they must considere it "Operated by OW airline".

Few years ago, I cashed in CP points for a JAL award. Their rules specficially prohibits code-share flights, but I managed to book on a TG operated JL coded flight (Couldn't tell the difference on the on-line reservation systems) between KIX-BKK without issues. So I think there is "code-share", and there is "CODE-SHARE".

Old Jun 15, 2000, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
From my crazy attempt of last year's 100K promo which I did 7 times, down to this year's single 100K promo on AA only. Sorry - time constraints and new love interest prevail first.

Still with people sometime attempting more than one 100K promo, it seems that some are doing only within each continent to gain it as an entry. Is there any specific rule that says that you MUST fly from ONE continent to ANOTHER?

Still, I'll get all 6 in by August 31st, and get Exec Plat on AA at the same time, and requalify for CX Sapphire too.

Old Jun 16, 2000, 6:54 pm
In memoriam

The plane I was on was for sure flight #3700 MAD-CAS and it was a 727. It had Royal Air Maroc all over it and the FA spoke in Arabic and Spanish only.The inflight booklets were all in french with the crown of R.A.M. My return flight CAS-MAD was Iberia 727 metal operated by Air Maroc. I am 100% sure about this as I was quite surprised

------------------
MRKEY
Old Jun 16, 2000, 7:40 pm
In memoriam

Originally posted by terenz:
Wonderful and weird geographic quirks that we are exploiting.

For this promotion, geography has nothing to do with reality or logic! e.g., Central America would normally be North America for RTW ticketing purposes but is considered South America for the promo so this continent comes free! Similarly, Algeria, Morocco and Tunisia (maybe Libya too) are considered Europe for ticketing but Africa for the promo so it is another free continent. Egypt is Middle East but also Africa for the promo. I just found another quirk (can't be true) in the Asia Miles page as to a couple of Caribbean political entities that are considered Australia???

p.s. Gibraltar is Europe according to AsiaMiles
Please tell us which Carribean Islands are considered part of Australia and I swear, I will be there in 24hours That would give me my 6

------------------
MRKEY
Old Jun 16, 2000, 8:07 pm
Original Member

CX had the Virgin Islands (both US and UK) as part of Australia. It's since been corrected.
Old Jun 16, 2000, 10:53 pm
In memoriam

Originally posted by leroy11:
CX had the Virgin Islands (both US and UK) as part of Australia. It's since been corrected.
Aw too bad it was corrected, it would have really helped alot!

------------------
MRKEY
Old Jun 19, 2000, 9:12 am
JCM

This is not a complete itinerary or sufficient to get the bonus, but I came across a way to do 4 continents for US$1475. If you have other travel planned, you may be able to combine...The fare is booked in H class which qualifies for the bonus on all airlines.

BA 307 CDG-LHR
BA 155 LHR-CAI
BA 154 CAI-LHR
QF 2 LHR-BKK
QF 2 BKK-SYD
QF 17 SYD-CDG

That gives you Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia, which is really not bad for the price...Requires 21 day advance purchase.
Old Jun 21, 2000, 7:20 pm

Originally posted by hsi.chang:
I was surprised to see on the aa.com web site yesterday that BA Business Class (Club World OR Club Europe) does NOT earn the 25% class-of-service bonus. I don't think it is a misprint. Maybe someone can clarify.
Well, I e-mailed AA, and the answer came back as "What are you talking about ?". Viola, now the site says the usual 25%/50% class of service bonus does apply to BA flights.

Old Jun 22, 2000, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
I'm doing mine in three stages:

1. Over the July 4 weekend, getting to SIN on NW (hated to do it, but they were megadollars cheaper on an absurd routing), then SIN-PER RT on QF. That's Asia and Australia.

2. When in England later in July on business, a quick trip to the cheapest point in Africa. That's also Europe and North America.

3. At some point before Aug. 30, the cheapest weekend RT to South America that my travel agent can find.
Old Jun 25, 2000, 8:58 am

I'm planning my trip with the following routing (flying "M"):

SYD-AKL-SJO-PTY-BOS-CAS-CAI-HEL-HKG-SIN-SYD

I'm considering crediting the mileage to my AA and BA US EC accounts or would it be better to swap BA with CX?? Are there ways to improve the routing? Maybe even get extra mileage out of it? Comments and suggestions please.
Old Jun 25, 2000, 3:39 pm

Unfortunately my recent RTW was put on hold. I am now on the AA round the world without a minimum stay. My routing is LAX-NRT-SYD-JNB-LHR-CCS-LAX

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.