Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Down to the wire to buy & Fly rtw for 1world bonus

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2000, 4:22 pm
Original Poster

Down to the wire to buy & Fly rtw for 1world bonus

Hello all, i'm now down to the wire to buy as well as to fly my rtw. after much struggling and reworking, to try for multiple bonuses, i will buy a 5 cont. in economy from canada, and take advantage of all segments, so very complex plan.

i need help to confirm quite a few technicalities, since this is my first run for miles, and it seems very easy to make a mess...

i have QF toronto to sydney which offers double miles. then within australia: adelaide-sydney-darwin-sydney-asia.

any suggestions as to which ff program i should use for each leg?

as of now, i'm not doing a stopover in australia. do i have to?

which programs don't count the intra-continent segments?

and which program should get the QF to sydney: i'm told QF only gives 70% of miles in m class. should i use AA number to get double platinum miles, or QF if they need the inter-continent arival?

and on same issue: if i do madrid to BUE, with a stopover, should that be QF since they don't count central america as SA -- and require a stopover, or should that be on AA to get platinum doublemile bonus?

i also have 6 segments in Asia, all on cathay, which i know doesn't give credit for AA. who besides QF gets those?

And, i know that it's easy to hop between continents with europe and africa, and central america and the us. what do i do about continents that you only get to enter once, without backtracking --like asia, or australia?

and finally, to confirm: no stopover needed: BA, AA, Finnair

stopover QF, Iberia

everyone recognizes north africa as Africa?

BA only program not to recognize central america as south america?
m fare doesn't get AA miles on Cathay, IB and 70% in QF

intra: only AA?

and does anyone know anything about Lanchile's requirements --

finally, who besides AA would you choose for the bonus -- i have no miles on anyone else. QF (i just joined, but don't let that influence you. BA? and if these 3 are the winners, should AA get the rest to build up toward exec plat?

and if anyone has the email addresses for the various programs so i can get some of this in writing from them? that was suggested, but i don't know how to contact them.

thank you all. this is really really complicated.

stealthflier

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.