Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which Airline for Elite Status ????

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2000, 1:27 am
Original Poster

Which Airline for Elite Status ????

I've just gained the first (most junior) level of elite status on both ansett and qantas. thats silver *A and ruby on oneworld I think.
My question is which should I concentrate on, I personally prefer Ansett, but Qantas fly more widely internationally.

Has anyone been comped up a level based on switching from one to the other ??

Any advise on which program to go with would be appreciated ?
Old Jun 29, 2000, 5:15 am

Welcome aboard Alexbs!

As far as Australian programmes are concerned then they are way below American ones. IMHO AAdvantage is the best for international travellers from Oz like myself. On AA you can get status really fast through challenges. QF and AN FF programmes are good for local travel (you can get a trip around Australia for 36,ooo miles I believe in biz) but international fares (for mileage redemption) on QF cost WAY beyond what they cost on BA and AA. It all depends on your individual travel arrangements and needs and what class you fly.

And comping on Australian airlines??? John Howard will drop his GST before that happens (unless there are really extenuating circumstances).

[This message has been edited by Spider (edited 06-29-2000).]
Old Jun 30, 2000, 9:44 am

Programs: QF Plat QC Life Member; AA Plat; EK Silv; SPG Plat; Hyatt Diamond; Sirius (Jumeirah) Silver
Spider, I do know someone who got comped to AN platinum because of his QF silver. However, I doubt you'd see the reverse - or at least never a free QF Gold.

(See my reply to this topic on the star board.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.