Search

BA 747 F vs. AA 787 J

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2017, 6:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, SPG Gold
BA 747 F vs. AA 787 J

What would you do?

Either FCO-PDX on BA Z (First) 747-400 (FCO-LHR-SAN-PDX) or AA J (Biz) 787-800 (FCO-CDG-ORD-PDX). Using my AS mileage plan - difference in miles and $ is fairly minimal (about 20K miles and $100). FCO is my departure point, so I'd need to buy a cheap ticket to position for CDG. Thank you!

Last edited by pdxparse; May 31, 2017 at 6:46 pm
Old May 31, 2017, 8:55 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by pdxparse
What would you do?

Either FCO-PDX on BA Z (First) 747-400 (FCO-LHR-SAN-PDX) or AA J (Biz) 787-800 (FCO-CDG-ORD-PDX). Using my AS mileage plan - difference in miles and $ is fairly minimal (about 20K miles and $100). FCO is my departure point, so I'd need to buy a cheap ticket to position for CDG. Thank you!
BA F is far from a leader in international F seats/cabins, but it still beats any AA J, in my opinion.

It is a larger seat and more personal space.

You have a longer flight to the west coast in F vs. changing to domestic F at ORD.

And the Concorde Room at LHR Terminal 5 is a couple orders of magnitude better than the AA club at CDG.

I wouldn't give this another thought.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 1:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
BA F is far from a leader in international F seats/cabins, but it still beats any AA J, in my opinion.

It is a larger seat and more personal space.

You have a longer flight to the west coast in F vs. changing to domestic F at ORD.

And the Concorde Room at LHR Terminal 5 is a couple orders of magnitude better than the AA club at CDG.

I wouldn't give this another thought.
Ha - thank you. This is what I needed to hear. Sometimes you just need validation.

Last edited by pdxparse; Jun 1, 2017 at 1:17 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.