Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OW RTW Seat Assignment

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2015, 6:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGLfL, ex-EK IO, IC Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador, Amex Centurion
OW RTW Seat Assignment

Hi,

I have booked an F RTW trip that has been ticketed via AA. Is there anyway I can select seats on-line for my segments on QF, QR, JL? AA and BA are fine.

Thanks in advance,

GGL Flyer
Old May 1, 2015, 7:56 am

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
Originally Posted by GGL Flyer
Hi,

I have booked an F RTW trip that has been ticketed via AA. Is there anyway I can select seats on-line for my segments on QF, QR, JL? AA and BA are fine.
In my experiece for JL, booking can retrieve in JL's web site.
However, seat assignment for non-JL issued tickets can not be done by JL's web site. So, no hope, call ticketing carrier.
However, I don't know whether AA's online tool has seat assignment function for other carrier.

EDIT ADDED: see post #6
A simple itinerrary (or AA issued ticket ?) may be handled by JL page.

Last edited by Wasabi Tofu; May 2, 2015 at 6:49 am
Old May 1, 2015, 8:24 am

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Ring AA and get the Amadeus PNR for the QF, QR sectors and there should also be a 6 digit number for JL that you should be able get from them to use on their website to retrieve the booking.

The QF website will often allow you to select seats on the other carriers, ditto QR.

The only time I have had issues getting seats online is when the flights are codeshares. In that case I needed to call the AA and get them to assign seats.

Last edited by Moomba; May 4, 2015 at 7:23 am
Old May 1, 2015, 9:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGLfL, ex-EK IO, IC Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador, Amex Centurion
Thanks guys :-)
Old May 1, 2015, 3:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

You do not even have to phone to get the Amadeus reference. The Qantas website will accept an AA reference for Manage booking and will show the Amadeus reference when in the booking
Old May 1, 2015, 6:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold, QF Gold, VA Gold, IC Diamond Amb., HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Wasabi Tofu
Quote:

Originally Posted by GGL Flyer

Hi,

In my experiece for JL, booking can retrieve in JL's web site.
However, seat assignment for non-JL issued tickets can not be done by JL's web site. So, no hope, call ticketing carrier.
However, I don't know whether AA's online tool has seat assignment function for other carrier.
Not quite true, I've booked JL award flights with AA and after getting the JL PNR I've been able to select seats online without any issue
Old May 2, 2015, 6:47 am

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
Originally Posted by jozdemir
Not quite true, I've booked JL award flights with AA and after getting the JL PNR I've been able to select seats online without any issue
In my case, it was CX issued DONE3 ticket.
By booking reference, flights can be retrieved.
However, JL web page explicitly said 'call TA or ticketing carrier for further assistance'.
Old May 10, 2015, 2:08 am

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Wasabi Tofu
In my case, it was CX issued DONE3 ticket.
By booking reference, flights can be retrieved.
However, JL web page explicitly said 'call TA or ticketing carrier for further assistance'.
I just ticketed a CX issued xONEx itinerary. I wasn't able to select seats when I selected Japan / English on the JAL website. When I changed to the U.S. version of the website and retrieved the booking I was able to change seats on the JAL sectors.

Last edited by Moomba; May 10, 2015 at 3:39 pm
Old May 10, 2015, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by Moomba
I just ticketed a CX issued xONEx itinerary. I wasn't able to select tickets when I selected Japan / English on the JAL website. When I changed to the U.S. version of the website and retrieved the booking I was able to change seats on the JAL sectors.
Wow, thanks a lot.
I have changed my seat assignement as above.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.