Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

LAX - TBIT oneworld Lounge Access (Combined thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 28, 2016, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: serfty
Access Ready Reckoner:

For access just one of the following needs to be true:
  1. Non US based (not AAdvantage and not Mileage Plan) oneworld Emerald or Sapphire tier traveling on a oneworld Marketed and operated flight.
  2. An AAdvantage or Mileage Plan of Sapphire or Emerald tier traveling on a oneworld Marketed and Operated flight NOT solely part of a "North American* Itinerary".
  3. First & Business Class passengers traveling on a oneworld Marketed and Operated flight not solely part of a "North American* Itinerary".
  4. Passengers on an itinerary which includes First & Business Class travel on a oneworld marketed and operated flight longer than five hours connecting§ to/from a domestic oneworld Marketed and Operated flight or an international short haul (five hours or less) oneworld Marketed and Operated flight.
  5. *Recent Reports indicate the following access is being denied with Patrons being redirected to the Flagship Lounge in T4*: First and Business Class passengers traveling on an American Airlines Marketed and Operated flight between Los Angeles & New York on three class aircraft.
* A "North American* Itinerary" for AAdvantage elites is travel on solely domestic flights within the U.S. or between the U.S. and Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), the Bahamas, Bermuda and the Caribbean. A "North American* Itinerary" for Alaska Mileage Plan elites is travel to destinations in the U.S.A., Canada and Mexico (unless they are connecting to or from an international long-haul flight in a premium cabin on the same day).
§ Connecting the same day or before 6am the following day.
LAX oneworld Business and Qantas First Lounges
LAX / Los Angeles International Airport - Tom Bradley International Terminal (TBIT)
Location: Go airside via the North security check. Continue past the SkyTeam marked elevator / lift past the Star Alliance lounge signage and escalators to the main shops area and take the elevator to the oneworld Lounge on floor 5. (LAX / LAWA now allows passengers with same day departing boarding passes multi-terminal access.)

oneworld Los Angeles (Business) Lounge

Opening hours: Daily: 06:30 - 23:30

Capacity: ~400

AMENITIES:
  • Computer connected to Internet
  • Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
  • Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
  • Barista and coffee selections
  • Shower suites (16)

Notes: The stylish and spacious Business Class Lounge has a contemporary design reflecting Californian culture, combined with signature elements from each airline, built around a communal fireplace and central glass atrium providing natural light. In the lounge's dining area, customers can choose from menus, designed by renowned Qantas chef Neil Perry, based on signature Qantas Lounge favourites with influences of multicultural California, including Italian, Mexican, Japanese, Chinese, Korean and US West Coast street food. Californian food carts similar to the pop-up dining concept offer freshly prepared dishes. At the cocktail bar, customers can select signature cocktails or premium wines, or have the barista create the coffee of their choice. The lounge also offers an enhanced hot and cold buffet, faster WiFi, new workstations and sixteen shower suites with Aurora Spa amenities.
Qantas First Lounge

Opening hours: Daily: 06:30 - 23:30

Capacity: ~200

AMENITIES:
  • Computer connected to Internet
  • Neil Perry restaurant (74 seats, a la carte dining)
  • Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
  • Barista with coffee selections
  • Shower suites (7)
  • Business suites (2 - can be combined for conference room)
  • Shirt pressing (First)

Notes: The Qantas Los Angeles First Lounge defines a new standard of luxury and sophistication for First and eligible premium customers travelling through LAX. The spacious, light and open plan lounge is three times the size of the previous First Lounge. The lounge features a 74-seat a la carte restaurant, Californian Knoll furniture selected by Marc Newson, including 12 Eero Saarinen Womb Chairs with matching ottomans, 2 private work suites that can open into one larger private meeting room, state of the art wi-fi, wireless printing capabilities, TVs equipped with cable television and 7 dedicated shower suites, complete with Aurora Spa products. The a la carte Rockpool menu has been designed by Neil Perry, featuring signature dishes from the Qantas flagship Sydney and Melbourne lounges, as well as locally inspired LA cuisine. Menus will change seasonally, every 3 months. Access to First Class Lounges is restricted to Emerald members or those travelling in First Class.
LAX TBIT oneworld lounges access rules: (v. Feb 25, 2016)

oneworld Business Lounge operated by Qantas

Please note this is not a Qantas Club and is not part of any recipripocity agreement with Admirals Clubs. Must be Sapphire or Business class passenger on a oneworld marketed and operated carrier ("qualifying flight") and
  • Departing on a longhaul international flight, or

• Departing on a oneworld flight, having arrived on a qualifying longhaul international flight, or

• Departing in First or Business on AA to JFK on a 3 cabin A321T aircraft.

• A Qantas Club member (no AA Admirals Club reciprocity, however)

• "Some lounges may get busy at peak times, and access to them may be restricted as a result."

Qantas - oneworld First Lounge

Must be Emerald or First class passenger on a oneworld marketed and operated carrier ("qualifying flight") and
  • Departing on a longhaul international flight, or

• Departing on a oneworld flight, having arrived on a qualifying longhaul international flight, or

• Departing in First on AA to JFK on a 3 cabin A321T.

Link to one world lounge access rules and lounge locator
Qantas First Class Lounge for OneWorld Emeralds and First Class Travelers - opened late 2014

Qantas press release

Airside connector open from terminals 4, 5, 6 and 7 to TBIT - Feb 2016

LAX AA T-4 - TBIT secure airside connector open 25 Feb 2016 (AA forum)

2016 LAX Connecting / Connection / Connections thread

Updated 7 Mar 2017 - JDiver

Print Wikipost

LAX - TBIT oneworld Lounge Access (Combined thread)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2016, 8:46 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by serfty
After last year's debacle, the staff appear to have been properly educated.
I'm glad to hear that. It was very frustrating last year to have to try to persuade an agent that she was wrong. And later to learn that she had explicit instructions from senior management that were plainly wrong so it was hardly her fault.
Old Feb 22, 2016, 12:05 pm
grussellt

International Business Lounge is also available to Qantas Club members. The incorrect application of this rule caused more than a few comments on "Australian Frequent Flyer":

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/membe...-qclounge.html

Old Feb 25, 2016, 6:59 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Reported on AA forum that T4-TBIT connector has opened

http://www.airlinereporter.com/2016/...erminal-opens/
Old Feb 25, 2016, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by moa999
Reported on AA forum that T4-TBIT connector has opened

http://www.airlinereporter.com/2016/...erminal-opens/
That was me, thanks for posting the link!

Also have other updates to report here: I talked to one of the gatekeepers at the QF F lounge, learned a few things:

- Upon query, he seemed to have the correct Oneworld admission rules; in particular, allowing entry for AA EXPs on a same-day international itinerary, whether connecting to a domestic or international flight.

- Also surprisingly indicated that EXPs on 3-class transcons (i.e., JFK or MIA) would also be allowed entry. Don't hold me to this, but it's what he said.

- Unclear was whether other OWEs on purely AA domestic flights would be granted entry. He seemed to lean towards entry, but went off on a tangent, and then other pax started entering and I didn't want to take up more of his time.

Also interesting: There's no chart available for the agents to reference. They are just supposed to have the rules memorized. Considering I'm the guy who is uneasy about servers memorizing my order, this doesn't instill confidence for me
Old Feb 25, 2016, 9:43 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by IceTrojan
Also interesting: There's no chart available for the agents to reference. They are just supposed to have the rules memorized. Considering I'm the guy who is uneasy about servers memorizing my order, this doesn't instill confidence for me
Given Qantas' record with the memo last year it may be as well that there is nothing in writing!
Old Feb 25, 2016, 11:44 pm

I'm EXP taking the 1am LAX-DFW connecting to DFW-HKG. Welcomed into the F lounge with no issues today. It seems they have gotten their act together! Even took the T4-TBIT connector which made it sooooo much easier.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 11:20 am
Community Director Emerita

What is the start time for lunch?
Old Feb 29, 2016, 1:40 am

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
reporting back from a pleasant visit yesterday to the QF first lounge.

Flew HKG-PVG-LAX-SFO. Saw that T4-TBIT connector is open, so took advantage of TSA pre in T4. The connector is to the right after you clear security and it's a long walk. (10mins?) Most of the people movers were nonfunctional when we went, not sure why. The QF 1st lounge entrance is right next to where the connector meets TBIT, which is convenient.

Agent had no problem letting me and a guest in, although he did ask for my guest's BP (we were on the same routing). All in all quite a pleasant experience compared to previous. Did not try to enter the J lounge with my AB ows card, will try that next time I'm there and report back.

We arrived at 2pm so I don't know the answer to SanDiego1Ks question (other than after 2pm), but here is the winter menu:

I was a bit disappointed at the showers, which felt a bit institutional, but the rest of the lounge was great, and far better than the flagship lounge in T4.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 2:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by no2chem
The connector is to the right after you clear security and it's a long walk. (10mins?) Most of the people movers were nonfunctional when we went, not sure why.
That's a pretty slow pace if you're counting just the walk from after security to the F lounge - see., e.g.:

Did you try to step onto the people movers? I'm wondering if they were just on sleep mode.

The connector definitely makes for super convenient access from T4 to the TBIT lounges.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 4:38 pm

Programs: BA SILVER, AA EXEC PLAT
Has anyone had success/issues entering the QF First lounge on a pure domestic AA itinerary as a non-AA emerald cardholder?
Old Feb 29, 2016, 8:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Dude
I'm EXP taking the 1am LAX-DFW connecting to DFW-HKG. Welcomed into the F lounge with no issues today. It seems they have gotten their act together! Even took the T4-TBIT connector which made it sooooo much easier.
Curious..so you had to go back to T4 to catch the LAX-DFW flight, correct? Would you say the Qantas F Lounge was worth the extra travel time or would the AA Flagship Lounge be just as good? I have an upcoming Transcon LAX-JFK in F (3-class) departing out of T4. Wondering if it's worth the hike to TBIT to checkout the F Lounge in TBIT.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 10:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ArrVea
Curious..so you had to go back to T4 to catch the LAX-DFW flight, correct? Would you say the Qantas F Lounge was worth the extra travel time or would the AA Flagship Lounge be just as good? I have an upcoming Transcon LAX-JFK in F (3-class) departing out of T4. Wondering if it's worth the hike to TBIT to checkout the F Lounge in TBIT.
Yes, it's worth the "hike" (it's only a 4-5 minute walk).
Old Mar 4, 2016, 1:00 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, WN A-List, QR Gold
Originally Posted by atlantic1
Has anyone had success/issues entering the QF First lounge on a pure domestic AA itinerary as a non-AA emerald cardholder?
Yes, I went in today as an OneWorld sapphire (via AirBerlin) on an American flight to Chicago. But it looks like they're still not perfect with the policy. The first attendant I spoke with told me that I wasn't eligible (as I wasn't on an international itinerary), but another overheard this and corrected her.

Either way, it's an approvement over my experience last summer when I was turned away on a similar itinerary.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 4:08 pm

Programs: AA, DL, UA
Question:

I have two itineraries
1. LAX JFK in F departing at 11:30 PM
2. JFK-MIA-MVD (Montevideo) the following day on a separate itinerary.

Will the lounge give me access the previous day before the transcon flight as a OWE (AA EXP)? These are all AA flight #'s (normally they would if they were part of the same itinerary but not sure if they are split)

Edit: Just found out that LAX-JFK in F as EXP/OWE will get me access regardless according to the wiki in this thread! Curious if anyone still had any insight into the two itinerary situation though.

Last edited by supermintyfresh; Mar 4, 2016 at 4:18 pm
Old Mar 5, 2016, 1:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by supermintyfresh
Edit: Just found out that LAX-JFK in F as EXP/OWE will get me access regardless according to the wiki in this thread! Curious if anyone still had any insight into the two itinerary situation though.
If you weren't in F/J on LAX-JFK, you wouldn't be allowed access either way (single or separate records) because it's not a same-day int'l flight.

I've done a same-day, separate itinerary trip before and was granted access based on status and same-day int'l leg.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.