Community
Wiki Posts
Search

South America to Asia via Easter Island/Tahiti

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2014, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

South America to Asia via Easter Island/Tahiti

We are a family of four planning an RTW trip next year. I am trying to piece together a routing from Santiago-->Easter Island-->Tahiti-->Singapore, but I can't seem to do so using Oneworld Explorer, (or on Star Alliance for that matter). Is my only option one world GLOBAL explorer?

Thanks for any advice!
Old Jul 27, 2014, 6:40 pm

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Welcome to FT stevy

As you probably know already, your problem is flying West from Tahiti - no Oneworld airline does it. In fact the only Oneworld airline that flies to PPT is LA from/to IPC.

As I see it, your options are:
  1. Use the Global Explorer, which will allow you to fly PPT-AKL on QF's codeshare on TN metal
  2. drop Tahiti from your itinerary and fly ...IPC-SCL-AKL/SYD
  3. Have a surface segment on the ticket between PPT and AKL and purchase a separate ticket on NZ or TN (costs approx USD400 all-in according to itasoftware)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.