Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emerald Lounge Access

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2014, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, UA-Premier Silver, AA EXP, Hilton Gold, SPG Plat.
Emerald Lounge Access

I am flying JFK-Madrid, I am CP on US Air which is Emerald One World status. Can I use the Flagship Lounge at JFK even if I am flying J? How about my partner? Thanks!
Old Jul 14, 2014, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
I assume you are flying AA and not IB? If flying AA, as a oneworld emerald you should be able to access the flagship lounge.
From aa.com:
Get away from the busy terminal and enjoy a little peace and quiet before your flight in an American Airlines Flagship Lounge. Complimentary access to the Flagship Lounge is extended to you if you meet one of the following criteria:

First Class on an American Airlines marketed and operated international* flight. Lounge access is also valid on a same-day itinerary that includes a qualifying international segment.

First Class cabin on an American Airlines marketed and operated three-class nonstop transcontinental flight. Lounge access is also valid on a same-day itinerary that includes a qualifying transcontinental segment.

American Airlines AAdvantage Executive Platinum® customers when departing on or connecting to an international* flight, operated and marketed by a oneworld® airline, regardless of cabin flown

oneworld First Class international* customers when departing on or connecting to a oneworld marketed and operated flight

oneworld Emerald customers** when departing on or connecting to any oneworld marketed and operated flight, regardless of cabin flown. Access is valid on a same day itinerary.
More information is available in the AA forum.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 4:38 am

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
I assume you are flying AA and not IB? If flying AA, as a oneworld emerald you should be able to access the flagship lounge.
From aa.com:

More information is available in the AA forum.
IB is a oneworld member. Same rules apply.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 9:26 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by stargold
IB is in T7 and the Flagship lounge is in T8, and I believe that's why jerry a. laska asked.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 4:00 pm

Ah, I see - sorry for the misunderstanding.

If it's IB out of T7, it would be the BA Galleries First for Emeralds.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ernestnywang
IB is in T7 and the Flagship lounge is in T8, and I believe that's why jerry a. laska asked.
Ah, I see - sorry for the misunderstanding.

If it's IB out of T7, it would be the BA Galleries First for Emeralds.
Exactly, thank you ernestnywang. No way into the Flagship Lounge if flying IB and originating at JFK.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, UA-Premier Silver, AA EXP, Hilton Gold, SPG Plat.
I am flying AA on their newly configured 763 in J, looking forward to Flagship Lounge Access with my Emerald status.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by orli-flier
I am flying AA on their newly configured 763 in J, looking forward to Flagship Lounge Access with my Emerald status.
That depends on where you are flying to and/or from.

http://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access

Note that AA Flagship lounges only exist in LHR, JFK, LAX and ORD.

http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInforma...hipLounges.jsp

[edit]
Since you are an Emerald flying AA from JFK, you and a guest do indeed have Flagship lounge access.
Originally Posted by orli-flier
I am flying JFK-Madrid, I am CP on US Air which is Emerald One World status. Can I use the Flagship Lounge at JFK even if I am flying J? How about my partner? Thanks!
[/edit]

Last edited by serfty; Jul 16, 2014 at 9:14 pm Reason: Missed First post - thanks j. a. l.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by serfty
That depends on where you are flying to and/or from.

http://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access

Note that AA Flagship lounges only exist in LHR, JFK, LAX and ORD.

http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInforma...hipLounges.jsp
From the OP's first post:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.