Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$125 Change Fee For Involuntary Re-Routing - HELP

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2014, 9:18 am
Original Poster

$125 Change Fee For Involuntary Re-Routing - HELP

I am on a DONE04 (1st flight was Feb 2014, it was ticketed Dec 2013) routed MIA-ORD-PSP. When I tried to change the dates to September I was told that AA no longer offers non-stop service ORD-PSP after 6/9/14, and that I will have to pay the $125 change fee if I route via DFW/PHX. I thought I was protected against involuntary re-routes.

Thoughts? Advice?

(From the OW downloadable timetable, it appears the Chicago service resumes 11/6/14).
Old May 1, 2014, 9:57 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Your original FLT is still operating, but you want to change it to a date that does not have such operation. Am I correct? This is of course a voluntary change, not involuntary, so you have to pay the re-routing fee.
Old May 1, 2014, 8:43 pm
Original Poster

Thanks - Good Point

Originally Posted by ernestnywang
Your original FLT is still operating, but you want to change it to a date that does not have such operation. Am I correct? This is of course a voluntary change, not involuntary, so you have to pay the re-routing fee.
Thanks -- you are, of course correct. I probably will just change it to Nov when the service resumes. See my post below about how I discovered this! I have too many itineraries going!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onewo...l#post22795709

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.