Search

Free Airline Change or Ticket Re-Issue?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2014, 10:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: Way Too Many
Free Airline Change or Ticket Re-Issue?

Hi all,

Just want to check if the following is a free or reissue change (I think it is a intermediate point reissue change but want to check with the experts to be sure).

Part of a DGLOB34 flight from NRT to AKL via transfer SYD (NRT-SYDx-AKL) changing to NRT to AKL via transfer HKG (NRT-HKGx-AKL).

Would like to change to the latter as timing better for my onward flight from AKL but I suspect that even if I am only transferring in SYD or HKG to reach AKL this will be considered a route change and a ticket reissue?

Thanks,

J
Old Apr 18, 2014, 4:17 pm
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by jonnny
Hi all,

Just want to check if the following is a free or reissue change (I think it is a intermediate point reissue change but want to check with the experts to be sure).

Part of a DGLOB34 flight from NRT to AKL via transfer SYD (NRT-SYDx-AKL) changing to NRT to AKL via transfer HKG (NRT-HKGx-AKL).

Would like to change to the latter as timing better for my onward flight from AKL but I suspect that even if I am only transferring in SYD or HKG to reach AKL this will be considered a route change and a ticket reissue?

Thanks,

J
Pretty certain the answer is yes. They'll have to recalculate taxes and fees, too.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 8:36 pm

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Yes - it is certainly a re-route, and so you will be up for the USD125 change fee, plus taxes will be recomputed

In addition, the DGLOB34 is a mileage based ticket; the new route is longer than the original. If it pushes you over the 34,000 maximum mileage for the whole ticket, then the change request should be refused
Old Apr 19, 2014, 1:53 am
Original Poster

Thanks for confirming.

Will need to do better homework next time before booking my ticket.

J
Old May 13, 2014, 12:41 am
Original Poster

My E-tickets have been Reissued Without Request

Hi,

I just noticed that my E tickets numbers for my upcoming RTW have been reissued (changed) on the 1st May. I haven't made any changes or requests.

Anyone else's e-ticket numbers have been changed?

Also means I now cannot get into some airlines 'manage my bookings' to change my seats.

I wonder as it has been changed on the 1st May it has something to do with the new carriers joining Oneworld?

Thanks,

J

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.