Help: Availability of D bucket on DONEX

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2013, 10:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, Emirates Silver, Turkish Gold, Etihad Gold, Club Carlson Silver,

So as part of my DoneX I am looking to fly LA532 on 23-Jan-2014.

Expertflyer shows D7, Oneworld tool lets me include it and I can get all the way up to having to put my details in, but my company travel agent says (and has sent me the screenshot of) her system feeding out of Amadeus showing D0 and waitlist closed??

Any explanations for this or ways around it?

Otherwise I face a connection through Lima which I never particularly relish, especially when it means me missing a chance to fly 787!
Old Nov 26, 2013, 12:09 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Booking class is actually sub-divided by various rules which may alter availability. Common ones are point of sale (D may be available if ticketed in certain countries but not in others), and married segment logic (D may be available for O&D but not if there is a transit before/after the flight or vice versa).

LA532 operates EZE-SCL-JFK. Are you looking for EZE-JFK or SCL-JFK? Availability may be different.

I notice JL has a codeshare on the flight (JL7627). Availability on the codeshare may differ from the operating airline (could be better or worse availability).

Other routing options to consider are via EZE or GRU or GIG or MIA
Old Nov 26, 2013, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
LA532 operates EZE-SCL-JFK. Are you looking for EZE-JFK or SCL-JFK? Availability may be different.

I notice JL has a codeshare on the flight (JL7627). Availability on the codeshare may differ from the operating airline (could be better or worse availability)
As does AA SCL-JFK as codeshare AA7666
As posts 610 to 614 here the codeshare can have availability when the carrier does not
Old Nov 26, 2013, 6:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

With a UK point of sale, it is indeed showing 0 availability in D class ( so if you are using an agent in EDI as name suggests may be located ) would be correct

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.