Wiki Posts
Search

"free" changes

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2013, 6:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QFF
"free" changes

In people's experience, is it better to make the "free" changes (date/time/carrier) on oneworld products before or after departure?
Old Oct 7, 2013, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Has the price changed? Otherwise, see:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onewo...route-fee.html

Typically, I wait until I've done my first international segment. Seems to usually result in less questions, arguments, and explanations of rules.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 6:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
Has the price changed? Otherwise, see:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onewo...route-fee.html

Typically, I wait until I've done my first international segment. Seems to usually result in less questions, arguments, and explanations of rules.
Price changed? No... There's the 125USD rerouting fee.
The only time cost comes into date/time/carrier changes is if you change the first international flight before departure or where the carrier may charge a service fee. (I've made changes to oneworld tickets before with QF, AA, BA, CX and JL. The only time I've ever been changed a service fee was by CX when I did a routing change a few weeks ago.)
Old Oct 7, 2013, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Himeno
Price changed? No... There's the 125USD rerouting fee.
The only time cost comes into date/time/carrier changes is if you change the first international flight before departure or where the carrier may charge a service fee. (I've made changes to oneworld tickets before with QF, AA, BA, CX and JL. The only time I've ever been changed a service fee was by CX when I did a routing change a few weeks ago.)
I am aware of that and the reason for my question. You didn't specify what segments you were changing.
(a)
Rebooking/Rerouting
(1)
Prior to departure
(a) Changes to date/time/oneworld carrier/inventory changes are permitted provided ticketed points remain the same. If the first flight coupon is being changed, and the fare level has increased since ticket issuance, the difference between the old and new fare will be charged. If the fare level has decreased since ticket issuance, no refund will apply.
Exception
: For fares originating in TC1, changes to the first international flight and preceding flights are not permitted less than seven days prior to the date of the first ticketed flight.
(b) Changes other than to Date/time/oneworld carrier/inventory permitted at a charge of USD125.00 per transaction. If the fare level has increased since ticket issuance, the difference between the old and new fare will also be charged. If the fare level has decreased since ticket issuance, no refund will apply.
(2)
After Departure
(a) Date/time/oneworld carrier/inventory changes are permitted provided ticketed points remain the same.
(b) Changes other than to Date/time/oneworld carrier/inventory permitted at a charge of USD125.00 per transaction.
(c) No Show requires rebooking at a charge of USD125
(d) If the rerouting results in an increase to the number of continents or extra flight segments previously charged, the ticket shall be recalculated.
Ticket may be reissued to any applicable Explorer fare validating all rules of the new fare except for restrictions on retroactive use. Rerouting fee
applies when the resulting fare is less than or equal to the original fare. No refund applies. See Upgrading provisions when recalculation results in a new fare basis at a higher value.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 7:20 pm
Original Poster

I am aware of that and the reason for my question. You didn't specify what segments you were changing.
I'm considering a date change on sector 6 of a DONE3 (RDU-ORD) which departs HND next Wednesday (16th).
Old Oct 7, 2013, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm considering a date change on sector 6 of a DONE3 (RDU-ORD) which departs HND next Wednesday (16th).
AA issued? If so, I would just wait til after I've started the trip and then call the AA rtw desk to make the change.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 7:49 pm
Original Poster

"free" changes

cx issued
Old Oct 9, 2013, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
cx issued
Same. Change it only after you've flown the first segment. CX may charge you a service fee irrespective even when there is no fee for changing dates.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 8:33 am

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
Last week, I changed dates of remaining 14th and 15th segments of my DONE5 issued by CX.
CX office in TOKYO didn't charge.
They charge handling fee if the ticket is not issued by CX.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 11:16 pm

I had BA issued DONE4 and no problems changing any times/dates/carriers after first leg for at least CX, AA, BA, AY, QF. No charges. I called AA or BA to change the tickets.
Old Oct 10, 2013, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
In theory, any OW airline can change your ticket as per fare rules but most will just fob you off to the issuing airline.
Old Oct 10, 2013, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
In theory, any OW airline can change your ticket as per fare rules but most will just fob you off to the issuing airline.
Even oneworld.com is referring people back to the issuing airline when making changes before departure.

Itinerary changes
At oneworld, we understand that your plans can change. That is why your Circle Pacific fare allows you to alter your travel arrangements before or during your trip.7

7. For changes or cancellations prior to the commencement of your journey, please contact the member airline that issued your e-ticket. If you need to make changes to your itinerary during your journey, please contact the member airline you are flying with on your next segment. Changes to your first international flight are not permitted less than seven days prior to the date of the first ticketed flight. Please note that change fees and/or service fees may apply to any itinerary change or cancellation.
http://www.oneworld.com/flights/mult...circle-pacific
Old Oct 10, 2013, 11:37 am
Suspended

Even oneworld.com is referring people back to the issuing airline when making changes before departure.

http://www.oneworld.com/flights/mult...circle-pacific
But after departure they stated u can use the next airline. But more often than not u r fob back to the original airline

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.