Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

OW redemption flights to GRU

OW redemption flights to GRU

Old Mar 6, 11, 12:38 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Programs: AS MVP Gold, BA Silver, AA Gold, *wood Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Posts: 1,548
OW redemption flights to GRU

I'm having trouble planning an award itinerary to/from Sao Paolo, and would appreciate advise regarding what I've missed/am doing wrong.

Using EF and ba.com, I'm not seeing a single available seat in either U or Z booking classes on AA's nonstop from JFK to GRU, other than for this evening, for the rest of the year, and the beginning of 2012. [I am, however, seeing lots of U seats available on AA's daily 763 nonstop from JFK to GIG.]

Using ba.com, I'm not seeing a single available seat in any redemption class from GRU to EZE (or vice versa) in the Dec 2011 - Feb 2012 period that I checked. The query should return any availability on LAN.

I'd appreciate assistance as to what I'm missing, i.e. confirmation from other sources regarding redemption availability. The AA nonstop (flight 951) doesn't appear to be on the chopping block, and the multiple LAN Argentina daily flights to/from BUE still appear on the OW timetable.

TIA!
jbalmuth is offline  
Old Mar 6, 11, 5:20 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: australia
Posts: 5,211
Originally Posted by jbalmuth View Post

Using ba.com, I'm not seeing a single available seat in any redemption class from GRU to EZE (or vice versa) in the Dec 2011 - Feb 2012 period that I checked. The query should return any availability on LAN.

I'd appreciate assistance as to what I'm missing, i.e. confirmation from other sources regarding redemption availability. The AA nonstop (flight 951) doesn't appear to be on the chopping block, and the multiple LAN Argentina daily flights to/from BUE still appear on the OW timetable.

TIA!
LAN flies its own metal only between GRU and AEP. The GRU-EZE flights are operated by a TAM aircraft and therefore not available for award travel.The LAN flights to AEP only have economy and Premium Economy seats as well.
3544quebec is offline  
Old Mar 6, 11, 9:07 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Programs: AS MVP Gold, BA Silver, AA Gold, *wood Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Posts: 1,548
Originally Posted by 3544quebec View Post
LAN flies its own metal only between GRU and AEP. The GRU-EZE flights are operated by a TAM aircraft and therefore not available for award travel.The LAN flights to AEP only have economy and Premium Economy seats as well.
Many thanks! On ba.com I had queried GRU to BUE, thinking that the generic city code would encompass both EZE and AEP, but it most definitely did not. When I replace BUE with AEP, both daily LAN flights typically pop up as being available for redemptions.

If anyone has any ideas regarding the nonstop AA flight from JFK to GRU (or for that matter AA 955 from JFK - EZE), why it might be zeroed out for any premium cabin redemptions for each of the next 330 days --- or hopefully how I am misreading the availability, I'd be very grateful indeed.
jbalmuth is offline  
Old Mar 7, 11, 8:25 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Austin
Posts: 4,621
Originally Posted by jbalmuth View Post
If anyone has any ideas regarding the nonstop AA flight from JFK to GRU (or for that matter AA 955 from JFK - EZE), why it might be zeroed out for any premium cabin redemptions for each of the next 330 days --- or hopefully how I am misreading the availability, I'd be very grateful indeed.
Sure. Make a connection through MIA or DFW and you will find TONS of availability in both U and Z.
millionmiler is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: