Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

OneWorld Status of Partner Airline Printed on Boarding Pass?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2010, 8:58 pm
Original Poster

This is a bit of a complicated scenario.

I used my miles on Alaska Airlines (non OneWorld) to book a reward mileage ticket on American Airlines.

I have Ruby One World Status on LAN airlines, but don't have my card (Can't print it from the website, and won't get it in time before I leave in a few days)

Obviously I'm not expecting to get any mileage accrual, but I asked AA to input my LAN number into my ticket in the hopes that it will print my Ruby Oneworld status on the boarding pass.

The only reason is so that I can board early. Does anyone know if a PARTNER's One World Status will print on a REWARD Ticket?

Thanks
Old Nov 9, 2010, 2:49 am

Programs: CX SL, AB Gold, AF/KL FB Silver, HU/HX Silver, SPG Gold
Yes, status should show on all tickets - regardless of booking / payment method.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 2:56 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by toyotaboy95
Yes, status should show on all tickets - regardless of booking / payment method.
That is not really the point. The OP booked their ticket using AS miles on AA flights. So their AS number will be in the booking.

What the OP is asking is (I believe, and will stand corrected if I am wrong) "Is it possible to, after ticket issuance, delete the AS FF number and substitute it with my LA number?"

That will depend on AS, who "own" the booking. I myself can't see it being an issue, unless they specifically want AA to see you as being an AS customer.

If it was Amadeus, it wouldn't be an issue, as Amadeus has provision for two FF numbers in the same PNR, but I am not sure about SABRE.

Dave
Old Sep 26, 2011, 10:37 pm
Original Poster

BUMP - Same Situation Any Updates?

So as a follow up to my own post---I wasn't able to get my LAN Premium card in time and when I tried to have AA directly enter my LAN number into my itinerary all it did was end up releasing my seats that I had reserved months in advance and I couldn't get them back. (lost some sweet exit row seats). My LAN # never got entered anyway, so never got to take advantage of early boarding.

Fast forward one year. So same situation as last time---used my AS miles to travel on AA. However, Now I have my LAN card (only Ruby level, but at least can get early boarding)

Anyone know of a way to make this work without potentially screwing up my ticket?

I even went to AA's website--I can view my itinerary and there's even a section for your FF#, however, mine is all "greyed out" and reads "AS 55555500" My guess is that's AA's internal way of knowing it was an award ticket using AS miles. (My AS # is not 55555500" BTW)

AS won't change my FF# either to LAN, as they said then it looks like I'm trying to earn miles on an award ticket.

I guess my last resort would be to just board when they call for Premium One World members and show them my Ruby level LAN Card.

I just don't want to cause any grief or commotion with the gate agent. I know I get grumpy when there's a hold up with someone having a problem with their ticket.

Any suggestions?
Old Sep 27, 2011, 1:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Priority boarding for Ruby level members does not exist. Only Emeralds and Sapphires get priority boarding across the alliance. There maybe priority boarding for elites travelling on their 'home carrier', although I cannot point to specific examples.

More detail cam be found here:

http://www.oneworld.com/ow/ffp/oneworld-status
Old Sep 27, 2011, 4:13 pm
Original Poster

Thanks-well that settles it then! No need to stress about it.

Looks like the only thing it'll get me is the ability to checkin at the business class line instead of the regular line.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 7:25 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by Traveloguy
Priority boarding for Ruby level members does not exist. Only Emeralds and Sapphires get priority boarding across the alliance. There maybe priority boarding for elites travelling on their 'home carrier', although I cannot point to specific examples.

AA has the PriorityAccess system which allows all OW elites (including Ruby) to board early, so OP is entitled to priority boarding.

Have OP tried to call AA and ask them to change the FF field in the PNR? I have no idea why you would have lost your seat selection after entering an OW elite card number though. Did it happen on AA.com or over the reservation hotline?
Old Sep 28, 2011, 9:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ernestnywang
AA has the PriorityAccess system which allows all OW elites (including Ruby) to board early, so OP is entitled to priority boarding.

Have OP tried to call AA and ask them to change the FF field in the PNR? I have no idea why you would have lost your seat selection after entering an OW elite card number though. Did it happen on AA.com or over the reservation hotline?
I called AA directly as you can't change the FF# online at AA.com on a reward ticket (at least I couldn't). When the agent entered in my FF#, it released my seat selection and I couldn't get them back.

Can I just show my ruby card to the gate agent and board early even though it's not printed on my ticket? That would be he easiest solution for me
Old Sep 30, 2011, 9:54 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by ernestnywang
AA has the PriorityAccess system which allows all OW elites (including Ruby) to board early, so OP is entitled to priority boarding.?
I wouldn't use the word "entitled", which they aren't, Iwould rather use "able to access", works a bit better.

Dave
Old Sep 30, 2011, 10:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thadocta
I wouldn't use the word "entitled", which they aren't, Iwould rather use "able to access", works a bit better.

Dave
Not a very helpful comment--doesn't really add anything
Old Sep 30, 2011, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by kayexalate
Can I just show my ruby card to the gate agent and board early even though it's not printed on my ticket? That would be he easiest solution for me
Yes ! I usually just flash my card at the gate too.. or you may just input your FF # at check in . Solves major issues that way.. and not losing your assigned seats as well.

FYI - changing your FF does not release seats BTW. Don't know what happened the last time with your booking!

Last edited by Guy Betsy; Sep 30, 2011 at 8:27 pm
Old Oct 2, 2011, 5:16 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Traveloguy

CX does
i would suggest to flash FF card at checkin to change the FFP status, or flash upon boarding if being asked.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 9:59 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
A couple of comments to add to this thread, I took two flights with AA today, my status did NOT show on either boarding pass, and AA are a little bit coy about singing and dancing about OW benefits, "priority access" was called but at no point were OW top tiers from other carriers invited to board early

That aside there is a priority sign which includes OW ruby as having preferential boarding rights too.

Another example of OW not being properly stitched together
Old Oct 8, 2011, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Strange - As a Qantas emerald, by BP's have had my status and Priority AAccess showing on the BP's where appropriate.

Maybe your status is not coming across to AA from LAN?
Old Oct 8, 2011, 3:09 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Actually my status is not even being recognised by LAN
Although it prints on my LAN boarding cards, I have not received any bonus kms for this week's flights

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.