Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2016, 9:49 am

I have Done4 and if i check my booking reference from "check my trip" -app or any OW carriers "manage my booking" page it doesn`t show flights that are in the middle of my journey. MUC-DME (S7), DME-NRT (JL) and NRT-JFK (JL) flights are missing but flights after that and before that are visible (QR, AA and AY flights).

I contacted to AY and they said "if i open up this ticket i can see all of those flights in here but they are not visible at first look".

So basically what is going on with those flights? Is there way for me to get these visible so i can get messages from app if some changes comes?

I can see all those flights if i log in to the S7 website with my confirmation numbers (not 6 digit booking reference) but not from anywhere else
Old Aug 15, 2016, 7:49 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Hi Leo123 - I saw in the other thread that you booked your DONE4 with S7. I'm not sure what booking system they are in, but it must not be Amadeus, which is behind CheckMyTrip.com

All your flights will appear on S7's site, as you said, but the Amadeus site isn't going to show flights by airlines that don't use Amadeus, or don't have a connection to an airline in Amadeus - it's just the way airline systems communicate with each other. Amadeus doesn't get the full itinerary from S7 because it doesn't need it. It's still there, but with S7. You won't be able to view the full itinerary in CheckMyTrip I'm afraid.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 6:10 pm

Programs: JGC premier
AFAIK When you book a DONEx ticket dealing with multiple airlines with different system often the trip gets broken down with to different PNRs, which is why only portion of the flight on the same PNR shows. I've had 3-4 different PNRs on this kind of ticket. Just find the PNR and check them on each respective carrier website - I guess that's the only way.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 4:05 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA almost MM
Visit South America Pass

Hi,

I am trying to find out more about the Visit South America Pass. Called AA. No one seems to know anything about it.

How do I book flights? How are the tickets price? Can someone point me to the right direction?
Old Aug 22, 2016, 2:39 am

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by Ilove2fly
Hi,

I am trying to find out more about the Visit South America Pass. Called AA. No one seems to know anything about it.

How do I book flights? How are the tickets price? Can someone point me to the right direction?
You need at least 3 flights on the pass. Prices are based on the distance zone each planned flight falls under.
You need to book it together with oneworld flights in and out of South America.
https://www.oneworld.com/flights/sin...south-america/

Did you call the normal AA call center, or the RTW desk?
Old Aug 22, 2016, 11:24 am

Programs: UA MM, AA almost MM
Originally Posted by Himeno
You need at least 3 flights on the pass. Prices are based on the distance zone each planned flight falls under.
You need to book it together with oneworld flights in and out of South America.
https://www.oneworld.com/flights/sin...south-america/

Did you call the normal AA call center, or the RTW desk?
I called the normal AA call center but not the RTW desk. I was transferred to just about every department but never RTW desk. Thank you for the tip. Will ask for the RTW desk. Does anyone has a number?

I also call LAN and got no where.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 1:19 pm

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Originally Posted by ilove2fly
does anyone has a number?
800 247 3247
Old Sep 7, 2016, 5:55 pm

Programs: AM, DL, UA?
Should I get into MPC? or JAL

Hi there, it is great to get into flyertalk
I would like some opinion regarding getting into MPC.
I'm moving to HK and want to do more traveling if I can. I currently have Asia Miles (which I put my AA flights in it) and I was looking into MPC since I can accumulate miles on both, but MPC charges USD 100 per year... Although I can apply for AE card and (may be approved) get the 1st year waved, I will have to maintain a silver status, which is harder to get now with the MPC new updates... Plus my mom have an AE card that I only used to get into lounges...(should I bother to get my own?)
And I over heard JAL FFP is easier to gain status over MPC, and it's free.

So, I am looking for a Oneworld FFP, and I already have DL for ST and UA for SA. Please any suggestion will be appreciated. Thank you!
Old Sep 7, 2016, 6:13 pm

Programs: AM, DL, UA?
Hi, it's good to get into flyertalk
I'm looking for suggestion about joining MPC or not.
I'm moving to HK, and I want to do more traveling in Asia. Currently I only have Asia Miles, DL and UA. So I am thinking about getting a Oneworld FFP, but MPC seems to be costly and uneasy to gain status...
I heard JAL is easy to get status and possibly BA.
Please any advise will be appreciated. Thank you
Old Sep 8, 2016, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

KCJDiscovery welcome to FT
Originally Posted by KCJDiscovery
Hi, it's good to get into flyertalk
I'm looking for suggestion about joining MPC or not.
I'm moving to HK, and I want to do more traveling in Asia. Currently I only have Asia Miles, DL and UA. So I am thinking about getting a Oneworld FFP, but MPC seems to be costly and uneasy to gain status...
I heard JAL is easy to get status and possibly BA.
Please any advise will be appreciated. Thank you
Asia Miles (Cathay Pacific) is in Oneworld. MPC (Cathay Pacific) is an add on of sorts
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...polo-club-487/
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...iles-faqs.html

Look and ask here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onewo...help-here.html
Old Sep 10, 2016, 4:04 am

Programs: BAEC, IB+, TAM multi+
Hello, just a quick newbie question here.

Is it possible to buy lounge access with Avios? And if so, how much is it? I have about 6000 avios parked on my BA account and no way to use them currently.

With KLM you can buy lounge access for about 5000 fb miles, but I am not sure if this is possible with any avios using airline?
Old Sep 10, 2016, 9:43 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by Bakpapier
Is it possible to buy lounge access with Avios? And if so, how much is it? I have about 6000 avios parked on my BA account and no way to use them currently.
Possibly, but it would be through Avios.com, not BA (you'd need to create an Avios.com account, with a UK address, and transfer your Avios over). See this page on Avios.com: https://www.avios.com/gb/en_gb/spend/airport-extras for limited info. It doesn't list which lounges are available, but I don't believe any BA/oneworld lounges are included. You'd need to call to book/find out which lounges are available...
Old Sep 14, 2016, 2:12 am

Programs: BA Exec Club
First post - and status guidance

Hello all, this is my first post so please bear with me.

I registered with BA earlier this year in preparation for a flight to Florida, and have duly been awarded a truly *massive* 20 tier points for that. I will now be making a trip to the US for work, going to JFK and then on to RDU and back (via JFK, presumably). This will be in CW, which should earn me 280 TP and take me to Bronze.

Questions

1. Is there anything extra that I can do to boost the mileage/TPs for this trip? I have a choice of whether to book on AA flights or BA flights, is there any advantage to either of those?

2. Are there any gotchas for me to look out for? I will have to book this via the company's global travel desk, so I won't have complete control (but I do get to choose my itinerary).

Many thanks in advance!
Old Sep 14, 2016, 3:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

endian675 Welcome ti FT

Originally Posted by endian675
I registered with BA earlier this year in preparation for a flight to Florida, and have duly been awarded a truly *massive* 20 tier points for that. I will now be making a trip to the US for work, going to JFK and then on to RDU and back (via JFK, presumably). This will be in CW, which should earn me 280 TP and take me to Bronze.

Questions
1. Is there anything extra that I can do to boost the mileage/TPs for this trip? I have a choice of whether to book on AA flights or BA flights, is there any advantage to either of those?

2. Are there any gotchas for me to look out for? I will have to book this via the company's global travel desk, so I won't have complete control (but I do get to choose my itinerary).
Have a look here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...tive-club-446/
Would expect you would earn more TP's on BA if on the same route.
Going the "long way" can earn more, but corp TA's tend not to ticket that.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 4:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, FB Gold, Bonvoy Titanium / LTP, Accor Plat
There's no difference in TPs but is in Avios. For a Blue member:

LON-JFK on BA:
Business lowest (R, I) 5187 140
Business flexible (J, C, D) 8645 140

LON-JFK on AA:
Business (J, D, I, R) 4315 140

endian675, you'll get 280 TPs just for going LON-JFK-LON in business. JFK-RDU-JFK gets you another 80 in J or 120 in F.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.