Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2011, 12:22 am

Programs: QF P1 (OWE) LTG (OWS)
Yes, I'm new and I'm about to prove it with a question:-

I'm a member of QFF and between my wife, kids & I we have over 1 million points in the bank.

I have always redeem points directly with QF over the years and have always wondered if I could use points directly with other oneworld partners without going through QF?

Since QF has spread the Jetstar curse internationally the options for getting J or F tickets have diminished.

In fact we have redeem over 26 return J & F international trips through QF and only 3 have ever been on a QF plane......all the others have been on BA or CX.

Not complaining as these two airlines are great but it's kind of sad that my home airline pushes customers away.

Thanks in advance & I have to say flyertalk is fantastic.
Old Sep 10, 2011, 1:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by amaroo
..I have always redeem points directly with QF over the years and have always wondered if I could use points directly with other OneWorld partners without going through QF?...
No. QF points must be redeemed on the QF web site or QF by phone
Old Sep 10, 2011, 5:09 am

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
No. QF points must be redeemed on the QF web site or QF by phone
Cheers - I've always wondered.....now I know.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 6:50 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by amaroo
In fact we have redeem over 26 return J & F international trips through QF and only 3 have ever been on a QF plane......all the others have been on BA or CX.

Not complaining as these two airlines are great but it's kind of sad that my home airline pushes customers away.

Thanks in advance & I have to say flyertalk is fantastic.
Be aware that if you are a Platinum QF can create J award avilability for you if you ask.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
Be aware that if you are a Platinum QF can create J award avilability for you if you ask.
Did not know that - Thanks.

I've always re-deemed via the website to avoid the dreaded points charge. I always book 5 tickets so you can imagine a points charge x 5 is a bit stiff - but I probably got that wrong too.

As I have a fair number of points in the kitty & the wife & I are both Platinum I'm going to take your advice & put it to good use.

He's hopping I can jag seats on the A380 - only ever flown on it in Y so it's a tick the box kind of trip.

Thank you
Old Sep 16, 2011, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
With that many points, it amy be an idea to keep an eye out for Any Seat awards, particularly those in premium cabins as they earn status and QFF points. If there is award availability showing on a GDS enquiry tool like ExpertFlyer or KVS then the poinst/cash cost is genrally little more than that for classics.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 9:35 pm

Programs: QFF
Circle Asia prices

Does anyone have the latest "circle asia" prices for One World for 13,000 and 17,000 miles, please. Would like econ and business.

Many thanks in anticipation
Old Sep 16, 2011, 9:49 pm
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by fellb
Does anyone have the latest "circle asia" prices for One World for 13,000 and 17,000 miles, please. Would like econ and business.

Many thanks in anticipation
Originating in what country(s)?
Old Sep 16, 2011, 9:52 pm

Circle Asia prices

sorry [slack of me]. Australia
Old Sep 16, 2011, 10:16 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K
Originally Posted by fellb
sorry [slack of me]. Australia
LAS13 QF L Round-Trip 2299.00(AUD)
LAS17 QF L Round-Trip 2599.00(AUD)
DAS13 QF D Round-Trip 5599.00(AUD)
DAS17 QF D Round-Trip 6499.00(AUD)
Old Sep 16, 2011, 10:29 pm

Smile Newbie

Hi,so glad there is a newbie page! I need to get to England next summer with my husband and two teenage kids for my brothers wedding. We cannot spend $6000 for tickets!!!!! W ould like to know which cards to get for the most airlmiles.was reading about doubling the cards and that sounds great. My husband could also get two cards. Are the AA citibank cards for 75000 miles still available? Would appreciate any advice I can get. Thanks
Old Sep 16, 2011, 11:24 pm

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Originally Posted by Mollysugden
Hi,so glad there is a newbie page! I need to get to England next summer with my husband and two teenage kids for my brothers wedding. We cannot spend $6000 for tickets!!!!! W ould like to know which cards to get for the most airlmiles.was reading about doubling the cards and that sounds great. My husband could also get two cards. Are the AA citibank cards for 75000 miles still available? Would appreciate any advice I can get. Thanks
Welcome to FT Mollysugden

I'm guessing that you are US based and are asking about getting AA miles
There is a thread over in the AA forum discussing this - see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...75k-offer.html
Old Sep 16, 2011, 11:51 pm

many thanks
Old Sep 19, 2011, 4:07 pm

Hi all,
I'm planning to do a DONE3 in 2012 starting in CAI. Normally, I fly either ST or *A (mostly to AMS), and am not subscribed to a FFP on OW yet. Which program would you guys recommend to maximize the mile earnings for this trip? Mostly looking to earn miles that could be redeemed for a business return trip to Asia/SWP in 2013 (status is of lesser importance as I usually don't fly OW).

Also, could use some feedback on the routing for maximizing miles/comfort of cabins while keeping fuel charges down (I know I'm asking a lot )

Preliminary routing:
CAI-AMM-ZRH-HEL-SIN-HND-HKG-BKK-NRT-HNL-ORD-SFO-ORD-BOS-JFK-ZRH-AMM

The cities in bold are the ones I really want to visit, the others can be changed. Plan is breakup the RTW after the Asia part and picking up a few months later again. Any idea of Asian cities that have particularly good deals in Economy to Europe around Feb 2012?

Thanks!
Johan
Old Sep 20, 2011, 2:16 am

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Welcome to FT JohanR

CAI-AMM-ZRH-HEL-SIN-HND-HKG-BKK-NRT-HNL-ORD-SFO-ORD-BOS-JFK-ZRH-AMM

As you might already know - you are allowed only two stopovers in your continent of origin (Europe in your case) - and you are using them both to stopover in ZRH. Therefore AMM (the first time) and HEL must be transits (strictly less than 24hrs).

Unless you have a particular reason to go to HEL, I suggest you fly ZRH-xLHR-SIN and thus fly on the Qantas A380 (said to be very nice in business class) By transiting the UK you avoid the high departure taxes there.

You are visiting Japan twice (HND and NRT). Perhaps consider substituting HND with somewhere else - for example SIN-CMB-HKG-BKK-NRT, or BOM instead of CMB.

Likewise, you are visiting ORD twice - perhaps use airline route mapper to explore other options in Nth America.

With regard to cheap return fares from Asia back to Zurich - I suggest you use itasoftware.com to explore the prices (and if your budget runs to it - RJ has reasonable business class fares from its Asian ports)

Enjoy the planning

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.