Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any chance of compensation???

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2010, 9:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by busman7

However in the real world some travelers don't plan their trips to the minute a year in advance, therefore the open ticket. I had no idea when I would leave OZ until until a week prior so what would be the point in checking.
*IF* you had booked just a holding date in the future, you would not have needed open sectors and so would have been issued a electronic ticket which is more easily changed directly with the issuing carrier; this would not have made any difference to availabilty though

If you want to travel on some of the lower booking classes on a route which only operates infrequently then you are taking a large gamble if you only plan to decide a few days before travel. If you need that flexibility then there are more appropriate fares unless you decide to gamble...which you did ... and lost; no ones fault other than your own

Originally Posted by busman7
I shall also recommend to anyone who will listen to avoid Australia in general & Qantas like the plague.
the key words being "who will listen" I posit
Old Jun 20, 2010, 1:37 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
The last several posts haven't really added anything to the discussion, so I'll close the thread before someone posts something they later regret.

Kiwi Flyer
OW moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.