Wiki Posts
Search

Experiences with Mexicana recognizing OW Status

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2009, 5:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Experiences with Mexicana recognizing OW Status

Any good or bad experiences of Mexicana recognizing (or not) other OW elites following its membership of OW last month? In particular, are they allowing OW elites to use premium check-in desks and allowing us to board before the masses?

I'll be flying JFK-MEX-EZE with them next month and wondering what to expect from the Mexicana side of things. I'm assuming I will be able to access the AA Flagship lounge at JFK without problems.

Thanks
Old Dec 10, 2009, 1:36 pm

Location: Austin, TX -- AA Life Platinum; QF Life Silver; UA Silver
Flew DFW-MEX-CCS r/t last week with a long layover in MEX.. (DFW-MEX was on AA metal). Lots of new oneworld signs around MEX. I was able to use the Biz checkin line with no problems. Also was able to use the MX Lounge (upstairs from the Admiral's Club) as a AA PLT. Returning from CCS, didn't notice the separate biz checkin line at first but by then was already through the main line. At checkin in CCS my boarding pass stated my oneworld PLT level. On boarding they mentioned PLT/GLD/oneworld members could board first.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 9:31 pm

Programs: QF Platinum, VA Gold
My experience is v similar to hauteboy's - I just recently flew MEX-HAV-CUN-MEX.

At MEX, I was able to use the MexicanaElite check-in area and was invited to use the international lounge (which incidentally is v small and has limited snacks/booze). Would recommend using the Admiral's Club one level down. On boarding, J and Mexicana/oneworld shiny card holders were invited to board at lesiure.

At HAV, there was no elite check-in facility as I was flying on MexicanaLink (and oh god I'd forgotten how much fun standing for ages in a check-in queue isn't). There is a shared VIP lounge but I didn't bother checking it out. No offer of early boarding, but it was a small plane (F100) so not too much of an issue in any case.

At CUN, I was able to use the elite check-in queue to get my bag re-tagged and was then invited to use the (miniscule) lounge. No better lounging facilities that I was aware of, but it was a fairly short layover so no real complaints. Would hate to have to spend more than an hour or so there, though. I don't remember any offers of priority boarding.

It was the first time I'd flown on MX and would v happily fly them again. Good service on the ground and on board -- considering the flights were relatively short, I was quite happy to receive some food to munch on and a full bar service to keep my liver entertained

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.