Wiki Posts
Search

St Kilda, Melbourne

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2008, 11:52 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by nd_eric_77
The reason we are looking to drive is b/c I am going with my wife, daughter, m-i-l & f-i-l... even if public transit is quite inexpensive, the costs can add up when paying for so many people at the same time.
Even with five people, it will still work out cheaper. You can get an ALL DAY Zone 1 ticket for $6.50 each, valid on trains, trams and busses.

Dave
Old Apr 29, 2008, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
We really enjoyed both St. Kilda's and Fitzroy street. If I were in my 20s I would love to spend a week just hanging out at the beach there (though Bondi wasn't bad either )

As for driving, we did not find it to be a hassle at all, and a car was pretty much a necessity if you want to drive down to see the fairy penguins at Phillips Island, drive the Great Ocean road or explore some of the wineries. However, I would not bother if you are planning to stay completely within city limits as the parking and tolls will add up.
Old Apr 29, 2008, 2:09 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by Boraxo
We really enjoyed both St. Kilda's and Fitzroy street. If I were in my 20s I would love to spend a week just hanging out at the beach there (though Bondi wasn't bad either )
*cough* *splutter*

How on EARTH could you compare an OCEAN beach (Bondi) with a BAY beach (St. Kilda)? They are like chalk and cheese, totally impossible to compare.

Dave
Old Apr 29, 2008, 4:26 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thadocta
*cough* *splutter*

How on EARTH could you compare an OCEAN beach (Bondi) with a BAY beach (St. Kilda)? They are like chalk and cheese, totally impossible to compare.

Dave
Yeah, the ocean beaches have a tendency to swallow up Prime Ministers!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.