Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Brekky Creek Hotel in Brisbane... How's the Food These Days?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2007, 10:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: The usual for over 7 Million paid miles flown to date... My first paid flight was on a DC3.
Brekky Creek Hotel in Brisbane... How's the Food These Days?

I first visited the Brekky Creek Hotel many years ago when the USAF sent me for a few fabulous weeks (a wonderful and much needed respite from the activities I had been engaged in 4000 nautical miles to the Northwest of Brisbane) to RAAF Base Amberley for joint training with our Aussie Allies... I was a tad younger then and fearless in lots of things, not the least of which was trying to keep up with my Hosts as they played hard, after days of working hard... "Pulling G's" on the ground could be best described as how fast your arm would move as you put mug to mouth from the deck!

My fellow travelers back then took me to the Brekky Creek and I remember that we went into the refrigerator and picked out our steaks for grilling... I've returned to the Breakfast Creek a number of times over the years and have seen lots of changes and price advances, but last visited there in 2003 with my spouse and two daughters in tow. There was construction underway then and the meal was nothing special, though it was still nice to be able to have a beer drawn "off the wood!"

I heard that the place has undergone a pretty big overhaul in the past 4 years. I was in Brisbane a couple years ago and didn't get to the place. Have any of you been there lately and can recommend or have insight? I miss the "old" Brekky Creek and the fond memories it has for me and will probably stop by again on my upcoming visit to Brisbane. This time I'll have my 20 year old daughter with me. She's somewhat of a Brekky Creek regular, having first been there when she was 4 years old in the early 90's, returning with me every few years since.
Old Jul 19, 2007, 7:13 pm

Programs: QF Bronze, Velocity
I went to the Brekky Creek about 6 months ago with my parents as it was donkeys years since I had been. I didnt recognise the place. Its turned into a really trendy massive pub with about 4 different eating areas and bars. The Spanish Garden (which used to be the ONLY real area to eat) is now totally table service. There is another area that has the old idea of choosing your meat etc, but we didnt go there. Its ok, but I think I will happily retreat into my memories and not go there again for awhile....
Old Jul 19, 2007, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
The last time I went to the Brekkie cr was as part of OzFest III. While the food was OK, the prices have gone up - it's a bit too trendy and has lost much of its simply character.

There is an option however, the people who used to own the Brekkie Ck 'back then' now run the Norman Hotel in Woolloongabba.

As part of OzFest III it was used for lunch before the AFL footy last year and the food was quite good as well as being reasonably priced. Also, that informal touch the BK used to have live on there. ^

I have no hesitation in recommending it.

Here's a link: Cavill's Norman Hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.