Wiki Posts
Search

Auto Lease - Brisbane / Australia

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2006, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA(EXP), BA, Hilton, Starwood
Auto Lease - Brisbane / Australia

My wife got a post-doc at the Brisbane Graduate School of Business (BGSB) and so we're going to be in Brisbane for 8 months (Jan-Aug) and I'm trying to figure out the whole car thing.

I was originally going to live on public transportation and rent on weekends but my family has rebelled (think Highlander) so I'm trying to figure out if I can lease or if I have to buy/sell.

Thoughts/advice?
Old Nov 14, 2006, 12:59 am

Programs: QC Life, AA
Unless you are able to write it off somehow through taxation/salary sacrifice etc I think you would better off buying a small car for the 8 months you are living in Brisbane and depending on where you live in BNE the public transport is quite good. If you do consider buying a car I found this website for orix which is a leasing company that sells leased vehicles. It will give you an idea of prices etc, not that I am saying go through this company because they don't have an office in Queensland, but it will give you an idea.
http://carcentre.orix.com.au/CarCent...2?selectMake=1
Old Nov 14, 2006, 11:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA(EXP), BA, Hilton, Starwood
Thanks.

It looks like there is probably a sweet spot to hit in there.
Old Nov 15, 2006, 8:34 pm

Programs: AA MM EP, QF Gold, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTT, HH Gold, National Exec, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TierFlyer
My wife got a post-doc at the Brisbane Graduate School of Business (BGSB) and so we're going to be in Brisbane for 8 months (Jan-Aug) and I'm trying to figure out the whole car thing.

I was originally going to live on public transportation and rent on weekends but my family has rebelled (think Highlander) so I'm trying to figure out if I can lease or if I have to buy/sell.

Thoughts/advice?
You may want to consider renting too, depending on what you're looking for. I'm paying ~AU$780/month, including taxes, fees, and required insurance, for a car with Hertz in Sydney. The rate is for an automatic Corolla, but they give me my choice of a Nissan Maxima, Toyota Camry, or Ford Falcon. You get a new car and don't need to worry about maintenance, cleaning it, insurance, registration, or purchasing and selling a vehicle. I've been renting 4 cars at a time in Sydney for the past 15 months.
Old Nov 15, 2006, 9:04 pm
aly

short term leasing...

U can look into leasing, basically u "rent" a car for minimum 17 days and u get to choose the car, color, options, etc etc, and u have insurance and unlim km inlcuded; and after the end of the lease period the cie "buys back" the car...

I know peugeout france used to do this, but didnt find anything on their .fr site, but found quite a bit on google and have included the first search here;

good luck,

a.

http://www.drivetravel.com/carlease/index.shtml

EDIT: forgot to mention this is only applicable to non-residents..!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.