Wiki Posts
Search

Air Pacific from Hawaii to Brisbane

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2006, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA(EXP), BA, Hilton, Starwood
Air Pacific from Hawaii to Brisbane

My wife is taking a post-doc at Brisbane GSB and we're heading to Oz from Jan-Aug.

I got all five of us from RDU to Hawaii business on AA using frequent flyer miles. Now I have to span the last bit.

I am thinking Air Pacific through Fiji (non-stopish) on the way there and then, on the way back, spending a week in Fiji.

Stupid? Better alternatives?
Old Oct 23, 2006, 6:08 pm

Programs: Virgin Australia Velocity Gold
TierFlyer, it's not stupid, but a very good idea!

Flights will operate HNL-NAN-BNE or HNL-TRW-NAN-BNE (Tuesday only)

Honolulu to Brisbane (Air Pacific)

Code:
MON	HNL	NAN	0035	0520
	NAN	BNE	1215	1430

TUE	HNL	TRW	1200	1500
	TRW	NAN	1600	1840 (WED)
	NAN	BNE	2040	2255 (WED)

SAT	HNL	NAN	0035	0520 (SUN)
	NAN	BNE	0815	1030 (SUN)
Flying time is about 13hrs 40mins.

Air Canada + Qantas and Jetstar International + Qantas has options 13hrs 45mins to about 14hrs. I believe though your quickest option is on Qantas 767 service from HNL-SYD then a domestic flight to Brisbane.

I'd check out what Hawaiian and Virgin Blue can offer...

Just remember though there is always a daily service from Honolulu to Sydney and you may need to travel on the days when FJ doesn't offer HNL-NAN flights. I guess what you chose will come down to when you plan to depart. On the way back, a flight from Brisbane to Nadi will be easy and is offered daily - then you can have your week in Fiji.

Although, you're not crazy for choosing Air Pacific. It's certainly a good choice if wanting to travel from HNL to BNE or vv.

Cheers
Old Oct 27, 2006, 12:15 pm

unless something changes, the only air pacific plane i've ever seen at hnl is a 737-700. fyi

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.