Wiki Posts
Search

Any lounge access for BA arrivals..?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2005, 2:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: TG*G, SQ, QF
Any lounge access for BA arrivals..?

In a couple of weeks time I will be arriving in Sydney on BA15 at 05:15AM after an overnight flight down from Singapore and leaving at 7:00PM the same day to Christchurch on QF.

Suspect I know the answer to this first query already as I browsed the BA website and it wasnt mentioned but was hoping to get a shower and change of clothes on arrival before hitting the sights (& bridge climb.!) of Sydney for a day..! . Do BA have any arrangements with Qantas for arrival lounge facilities for arriving CW passengers...?

Also, would I be able to check luggage in Singapore direct through to CHC or is a 14Hr transit too long for this..? If I cant check my luggage straight through is there a left luggage facility in the airport where it could be left...

Appreciate your help if anybody knows the answers...!
Old Jun 13, 2005, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Best to repost this to the QF board but in the interim...

AFAIK QF doesn't have an arrivals lounge so there's none to use. What you may be able to do, if you have your onward BP to CHC, is to "transit" and use the QF int'l departure lounge. When you're ready to go into the city, find a way to get out through Australian immigration (choose your time as this can be lengthy) and head into the city.

FWIW, the only formal arrivals lounge for OW airlines are BA's at LHR T1 and T4, and AA's at T3 in the same airport.
Old Jun 13, 2005, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by terenz
FWIW, the only formal arrivals lounge for OW airlines are BA's at LHR T1 and T4, and AA's at T3 in the same airport.
Not much help to the OP, but also JNB for BA.

At SYD, you should be able to "transit" even if you don't have your onward BP (although this is unlikely for a BA-QF connection). The security screening point is on the arrivals level, and you will will be routed upstairs to the departures level. There are transfer desks there who will be able to check you in for the onward journey.

I can't myself think of any reason why baggage should not be checked through, but in case it can't, there is baggage storage - see this page.
Old Jun 13, 2005, 7:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TG*G, SQ, QF
Unfortunately our onward flight to Christchurch is in the back of the bus so going through to the departures lounge wouldnt help... Any port in the storm to use up my QF points before they devalued..!

The left luggage is good to know though. Had a bad experience in EWR a couple of months ago when I found out the hard way they had closed their left luggage post 9/11 and ended up dragging tons of junk round NYC with me for the day..!
Old Jun 14, 2005, 1:14 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Dont even try this. If you go to departures area you will have a lot of hassle trying to get landside again.

You should be able to check bags all the way through.
Old Jun 20, 2005, 4:26 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
What OW status do you have? If Sapphire or Emerald, you will be able to access the domestic lounges to freshen up prior to heading into Sydney for the day. If this is an option, use T3 rather than T2, the facilities are better in there.

Dave

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.