Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NAURU what's happening?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2022, 6:35 am
Original Poster

NAURU what's happening?

Does anyone know what's happening with Nauru? I've been trying to get a tourist visa for months and its radio silence. Ever since the immigration director Rajeev retired in August 2022, the immigration department do not respond to emails and the phone just keeps ringing. Can anyone shed some light on the situation? Any info will be greatly appreciated.
Old Dec 1, 2022, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
Originally Posted by fennock
Does anyone know what's happening with Nauru? I've been trying to get a tourist visa for months and its radio silence. Ever since the immigration director Rajeev retired in August 2022, the immigration department do not respond to emails and the phone just keeps ringing. Can anyone shed some light on the situation? Any info will be greatly appreciated.
Maybe try ringing the high commission in Canberra and see if they can help. I assume they work on island time which means an email is likely to go unanswered.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

thanks

I phoned the Consulate in Brisbane and they are investigating
Old Jan 2, 2023, 7:02 am
Original Poster

Alas, I have received no response from Brisbane. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I would really like to visit Nauru as it is the only country in the world that I have not been to.

Please help.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This blog seems to suggest what you're experiencing is BaU...

1) Email

You have to email immigration at [email protected], [email protected] and [email protected]. Their official page is here. You should email all 3 separately and declare your intention to come to Nauru.

NOTE: They rarely reply! You may have to email, and email again, and again. Chase them up, or you’ll never get to Nauru.
https://onestep4ward.com/running-aro...country-earth/

I guess you just gave to keep emailing.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 5:28 am
Original Poster

thanks so much bensyd. I'll definitely give it a shot (Fingers crossed) Great website about Nauru by the way. Cheers
bensyd likes this.

Last edited by fennock; Jan 3, 2023 at 5:37 am
Old Jan 3, 2023, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fennock
thanks so much bensyd. I'll definitely give it a shot (Fingers crossed) Great website about Nauru by the way. Cheers
No problems. Let us know how you get on.
CPMaverick likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 8:51 pm

Programs: QF Plat (Life Gold)
Having visited Nauru twice in my lifetime, most recently about 30 years ago, my earnest advice is...DON'T BOTHER. It is surely one of the most underwhelming places om earth.
Old Apr 7, 2023, 10:44 am
Original Poster

SUCCESS Hey MY FRIENDS, where there's a will there's a way. I made it to Nauru all by myself facilitating the visa through the consulate in Brisbane . In so doing, I have now been to every country in the world. Thanks for your advice and efforts.
ll's well that ends well.

Cheers and Happy Trails

Stephen Fenech
JayhawkCO, bensyd, Rare and 2 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.