Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Queensland Testing on Arrival centre locations and requirements

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2022, 2:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by airoli
I arrived BNE last week and throughout the immigration process, nobody asked me about my test plans or indeed told me I should take one. As an obedient guest to Oz, I had prepaid a RAT at the airport lab, and duly proceeded there right away to be tested. The facility was deserted and the nurse had no idea what I should do with the test result once received.

So I am just hanging on to my negative result now in case somebody ever asks for it.

It does feel a bit disproportionate to have this test requirement, but not any process or enforcement around it, and then very lax Covid rules in everyday QLD life....
In QLD (and VIC) if you test positive you report that to the state health dept.
-->https://www.qld.gov.au/health/condit...you-have-covid
First steps if you have COVID-19
If you get COVID-19, follow the steps below. These important steps protect yourself and others.
If you learn you have COVID-19 using a Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) at home, report your positive RAT result to Queensland Health.
<snip>
However are sure will be people who have entered and not got tested and/or have tested positive but not reported (reduce the bureaucracy).
When I entered the VIC international border some weeks ago was sent a text message to say get (self) tested, but no follow up. Did take a photo of the negative RAT.
Old May 13, 2022, 6:41 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by airoli
I arrived BNE last week and throughout the immigration process, nobody asked me about my test plans or indeed told me I should take one. As an obedient guest to Oz, I had prepaid a RAT at the airport lab, and duly proceeded there right away to be tested. The facility was deserted and the nurse had no idea what I should do with the test result once received.

So I am just hanging on to my negative result now in case somebody ever asks for it.

It does feel a bit disproportionate to have this test requirement, but not any process or enforcement around it, and then very lax Covid rules in everyday QLD life....
Does anybody have recent data points? I am traveling early June LAX-BNE.
Old May 13, 2022, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by Surface Interval
Does anybody have recent data points? I am traveling early June LAX-BNE.
You need to take a RAT test soon after arrival. It does not need to be supervised. There is no requirement that you prove that you have taken test. If it’s positive they ask you to report it. Don’t overthink it.
Surface Interval likes this.
Old May 30, 2022, 12:06 pm

Programs: AC SE
Do I understand that these arrival tests are essentially on a kind of honor system? After you arrive in Queensland you can self-administer a test at home and, as long as it's negative, just go about life? (We will be arriving in Cairns after 3 days in Sydney, so will be within the 7-day window for international travelers).
Old May 30, 2022, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by TheCanuckian
Do I understand that these arrival tests are essentially on a kind of honor system? After you arrive in Queensland you can self-administer a test at home and, as long as it's negative, just go about life?
Yes, that’s a perfect description.
bensyd likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.