Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 17, 2021, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Mwenenzi
For the NZ<---->AU (quarantine free) travel bubble various governmental permissions are needed in a addition to the usual passport/visa

AU permission (for NZ to AU)
AU Govt
In addition State/territory authority may be needed.
What is in effect at any time can be hard to determine. May also be required cross a state border
NZ permission (for AU to NZ)
No states, so a lot simpler.
NZ Govt
Print Wikipost

Trans Tasman Bubble (including the Pacific Islands)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2021, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
off topic for TT bubble

NZ is only allowing citizens & permanent residents to enter. Then need 14 days in MIQ (quarantine). MIQ slots are hard to get. Some may be available for Dec 2021 & Jan 2022 on Thursday. AU had/has a requirement to have 14 days after leaving MIQ (quarantine) in NZ before going to AU. Hard to determine if this is still in effect,
Quarantine will not be required in NSW by anyone crossing the international border.
As a perm res I got this yesterday, it might be elsewhere:

Kia ora,

From 1 November 2021, non-New Zealand citizens aged 17 years and over must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to enter New Zealand.

New Zealand permanent residents and temporary visa holders are not New Zealand citizens and will need to declare vaccination or exemption:
  • when booking places in managed isolation and quarantine (MIQ)
  • when checking in for the flight (evidence will be required), and
  • to Customs officers in New Zealand (evidence will be required).
The last dose of an approved course of vaccine must have been taken at least 14 days before travel. Travellers who fail to meet requirements will not be permitted to board their flight.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 10:06 am

Programs: QF, CoUniHound Refugee
Originally Posted by Croupier
Looks like the Aussie government failed in their South Island NZ feeble bubble attempt, unless Qantas, Jetstar or Virgin take up the call.

I could be mistaken here but aren't all flights from New Zealand to Sydney quarantine free effective November 1?

-RooFlyer88
Old Oct 23, 2021, 11:45 am

Only if you are double jabbed.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 10:46 pm

Old Oct 23, 2021, 11:34 pm

Programs: QF, CoUniHound Refugee
Originally Posted by Croupier
Only if you are double jabbed.
At this point, those who aren't vaccinated represent the tiny minority, and I suspect the percentage of people who travel regularly and are fully vaccinated is close to 100%.

Again, there's still a few unknowns here, namely whether those who aren't permanent residents or citizens but are fully jabbed will get the same treatment this year. Certainly, I hope the priority of the commonwealth is to use hotel quarantine to prioritize those who are fully jabbed over anyone else (including Australian citizens) in the interim. A fully vaccinated traveller poses a much lower risk to the quarantine system than one who is unvaccinated.

-KangarooFlyer88

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.