Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Coronovirus medical certificate requirement for Tahiti/Samoa

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2020, 6:46 pm
Original Poster

Coronovirus medical certificate requirement for Tahiti/Samoa

While every other country in the world is simply banning people who have been to China/Italy (or banning all travellers), Samoa, American Samoa and French Polynesia have a unique requirement for entry - having a medical certificate which confirms you had a medical exam done within the last 3 days, stating you don't have fever/breathing symptoms.

If you've travelled to these places, were you able to get such a certificate? I'm specially interested in first-hand reports from the USA, because as we know the US medical system is a nightmare, making it almost impossible to get an appointment within 3 days of travel and with HIPAA laws I don't even know if a US doctor will be willing to sign and provide such a certificate.

Were you able to get such a medical certificate and successfully travel to French Polynesia or the Samoas? Please share your story!
Old Mar 9, 2020, 8:36 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by nomiiiii
While every other country in the world is simply banning people who have been to China/Italy (or banning all travellers), Samoa, American Samoa and French Polynesia have a unique requirement for entry - having a medical certificate which confirms you had a medical exam done within the last 3 days, stating you don't have fever/breathing symptoms.

If you've travelled to these places, were you able to get such a certificate? I'm specially interested in first-hand reports from the USA, because as we know the US medical system is a nightmare, making it almost impossible to get an appointment within 3 days of travel and with HIPAA laws I don't even know if a US doctor will be willing to sign and provide such a certificate.

Were you able to get such a medical certificate and successfully travel to French Polynesia or the Samoas? Please share your story!
Theres a first aid clinic on every corner nowadays, that are walkins
Old Mar 9, 2020, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by craz
Theres a first aid clinic on every corner nowadays, that are walkins
Also I have no idea what OP is talking about wrt HIPAA. People get medical certificates every day.
jridge likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 12:43 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Moving to the Oceania forum to get more input from those who have recently visited French Polynesia, Samoa or American Samoa.

Kiwi Flyer
FT Coronovirus & Travel forum co-moderator
Old Mar 10, 2020, 2:46 am

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Go to a Minute Clinic or Urgent Care, get a check-up and certificate. I don't know how it is in your region, but I've had plenty of same-day visits in the USA. You might be waiting awhile and you may catch Covid-19 before you are done waiting (only half joking) but it should be possible...

The requirement is very simple and I cannot imagine a doctor refusing to sign it, it simply needs to say you are not sick or having symptoms at the time of appointment
https://www.samoagovt.ws/2020/02/tra...t-requirement/

If I were you I'd plan on showing up to a walk-up clinic at the time the doors open the day before your flight.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 10:19 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A-, UA S, HH ♦, IHG Spire, Hertz Prez O, TSA Disparager
The travel restrictions for American Samoa require one to spend 14 days in Hawaii and have a medical certificate completed three days before travel. I was supposed to go today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.