Wiki Posts
Search

2 Days in MEL - Itinerary Help

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2019, 11:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
When we took the bus in Melbourne, we touched on but not when getting off. The bus driver didn't chase after us, so I assume we did it right.
I was a Melbournite now I'm a Sydneysider. We top on when getting on and tap off when getting off so the ticket thingie knows where our journey ended and thus charges us accordingly.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 12:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Don’t forget a visit to Costco if you’re a member. Buy some Crocodile jerky.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 10:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by number_6
The myki system in Melbourne is world famous as a case study of the worst possible way to implement electronic ticketing, with every possible error made in hardware and software selection. All of the original turnstiles have had to be replaced. About 100 million paper tickets had to be destroyed for reasons that shall remain secret; hence why you now must use a plastic card that you buy; the original design was to be able to buy short-use paper tickets fro vending machines. Fascinating stuff illustrating the importance of system design and planning. Ironic as the transport infrastructure hard part is superb, let down by the soft product.
I'll stick to Hanlon's Razor, but certainly with those 'errors', the contracting company Kamco gots paid much much more than their initial tender would indicate.

The good news these days (for Android Users at least) is that you can set up a MyKi with Google pay.
Old May 15, 2019, 8:43 am

Cha Co on Bourke St. does a good $1 Latte.
Old May 20, 2019, 12:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Don’t forget a visit to Costco if you’re a member. Buy some Crocodile jerky.
Really? Never seen that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.