Wiki Posts
Search

International-Domestic SYD Separate Tix

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2017, 5:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, Global Entry
International-Domestic SYD Separate Tix

Arriving into SYD around 830AM on a *A carrier in J and looking at buying a separate QF domestic ticket later that day. I'm guessing as these are separate tix, I'll have to go through customs, then pick up the bags, get to QF terminal, re-check in w/ bags there.

Any suggestions on adequate time to connect on separate tix in this case? Looking at an exact 5 hour gap and wondering if that is reasonable.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 6:43 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Moving thread to the Oceania Forum (which includes Australia)
Please follow there.
Thanks...
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Aug 27, 2017, 9:34 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Presuming QF domestic flight so checkin cutoff is 30 min (45 min recommended), clearing immigration/customs generally takes <1 hour but worst case for me in 15 years was 90 min and I've heard others claim over 2 hours. Getting over to domestic terminal is another 30 min. So 3 hours is comfortable, and 2 hours is enough 99% of the time but not safe. Note your *A J baggage allowance doesn't apply to QF domestic (it would if OW international flight).
Old Aug 27, 2017, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Taoyuan
Arriving into SYD around 830AM on a *A carrier in J and looking at buying a separate QF domestic ticket later that day. I'm guessing as these are separate tix, I'll have to go through customs, then pick up the bags, get to QF terminal, re-check in w/ bags there.

Any suggestions on adequate time to connect on separate tix in this case? Looking at an exact 5 hour gap and wondering if that is reasonable.
You can check in for a QF domestic flight in the T1 international terminal. The on to the free QF inter terminal bus.
As above, when on separate tickets. 3 hrs is generally OK. 2hrs can be tight/risky at times.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ocean...transport.html (open the wiki)
Old Sep 4, 2017, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
5 hours? Hell yeah easy
Old Sep 9, 2017, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, Global Entry
Thanks for the responses.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.