Search

Marriott Partners in Melbourne and Australia in general

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2017, 9:52 am
fadynaime
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Miles&Smlies, Jet Blue, Platinum medallion, Marriott Gold
Marriott Partners in Melbourne and Australia in general

I've been searching for Marriotts in Melbourne and although its understandable there isn't as much selections and levels as there are in the US, there isn't selections for long term stay, SPG and Ritz selection wasn't much better.

I'm hoping there might be some regional partners that work with Marriott which will allow me to maybe continue getting points and nights during my stay there. specially that its going to be a long term stay.

thank you
Old Jul 18, 2017, 6:37 am

Programs: QF, HH
Yes, it's true what you say. And as far as I know, there is currently no Ritz here but construction has begun on one in Melbourne.

Aside from the standard Marriott hotels in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Surfers Paradise, Sydney also boast a Courtyard and Pier One.

I feel like I've seen a Renaissance somewhere, but don't quote me on that because I really can't remember!

The SPG 'series', so to speak, offer a slightly wider variety with the Westin, St Regis, Sheraton and Four Points being the most common hotels around in the major East coast cities (and Port Douglas' Sheraton). But even then, there'll rarely be more than one of each in each major city.

Aloft and Element are both due to open in Melbourne come 2019, but not sure how they work in conjunction with the Marriott program.

Also, there's a Westin to be open in both Perth and Brisbane from sometime next year, if that's of any use to you.

So, in other words, SPG and Marriott are still works in progress across Australia, it seems. Even HH seems to have more options, come to think of it.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by Catweazle
I feel like I've seen a Renaissance somewhere, but don't quote me on that because I really can't remember!
Marriott Sydney Harbour used to be a Renaissance.

The Courtyard is in North Ryde/Macquarie Park which may be a hike. There are a few Four Points around the place.

The long stay apartment hotels are places like Adina, Meriton and other independents. I don't think any of them link with any hotel program.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 1:14 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Also in Oz the Courtyard prices are often the same or higher than Marriott price per night The only chain with lots of properties in Australia is Accor (literally hundreds at all price points from 1 star to 5 star).
Old Jul 19, 2017, 11:18 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
No partners that I am aware of. SPG merger helps but not a lot.

As stated Accor is the biggest mid to high end chain in Australia. Choice Hotels and Best Western also have good coverage in the low to mid range.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 8:59 am
fadynaime
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPMaverick

As stated Accor is the biggest mid to high end chain in Australia. Choice Hotels and Best Western also have good coverage in the low to mid range.
Does Accor partner with anyone in the US?

I guess its time to turn the question a bit

Any chains in Australia (Melbourne/Sydney) that do partner with chains in the US for points and nights (outside of Marriott and Choice, BW). beyond Choice and best western. As those might be a bit tight for extended business stays.

Can't find much info on aparthotel or executive apartments that may have some kind of partnership. as those would also be a great option too.

Last edited by fnaime23; Jul 20, 2017 at 3:25 pm
Old Jul 20, 2017, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by fnaime23
Does Accor partner with anyone in the US?

I guess its time to turn the question a bit

Any chains in Australia (Melbourne/Sydney) that do partner with chains in the US for points and nights (outside of Marriott and Choice, BW). beyond Choice and best western. As those might be a bit tight for extended business stays.

Can't find much info on aparthotel or executive apartments that may have some kind of partnership. as those would also be a great option too.
None that I know of. Accor had looked at expanding into the US which is why they haven't bothered partnering.

One other group that has pretty good coverage in Australia is IHG, which includes the Holiday Inn brands.

I think there are some independent hotels which are part of the Preferred Group, but most are high end rather than extended stay.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 10:47 pm
fadynaime
Original Poster

thanks. I guess will have to fit into one of these hotels. or just forget about the points. unless i take advantage of Accor's world wide locations (or any of the other ones) specially that I will be there almost 4 months.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 11:14 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
For 4 month stay you really should get serviced apartment which are plentiful in Oz and often nicer than hotels. Adina is my preferred brand not for points but for quality of accom, however they do earn points on QF or VA.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 11:38 am
fadynaime
Original Poster

Originally Posted by number_6
For 4 month stay you really should get serviced apartment which are plentiful in Oz and often nicer than hotels. Adina is my preferred brand not for points but for quality of accom, however they do earn points on QF or VA.
I was looking at Adina as well the other day. Was hoping to find something that would give me nights and points. but will have to settle for bonus miles through VA so I can use them with Delta.
any other companies that do that?
Old Jul 21, 2017, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fnaime23
... Was hoping to find something that would give me nights and points. but will have to settle for bonus miles through VA so I can use them with Delta.
Do not fall into the trap of paying more than other equal/better quality accommodation just in the hope of getting loyalty points, that may or may not have any real value.

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Jul 21, 2017 at 5:16 pm
Old Jul 22, 2017, 12:45 pm
fadynaime
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Do not fall into the trap of paying more than other equal/better quality accommodation just in the hope of getting loyalty points, that may or may not have any real value.
thank you will keep an eye out. I've already identified three sites that seem to provide reasonably priced accommodations in or around CBD. some are serviced apartments while others are regular apartments.
as long as I can pay by credit card, I get some points
Old Jul 23, 2017, 6:45 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Red, SQ, HH Silver, Marriott Gold.
Melbourne.

I agree with others that a serviced apartment may be more suitable for a stay of a few months. You are unlikely to find a serviced apartment that will give you points in an American hotel loyalty program.
There is only one Marriott in Melbourne but with another planned and a Ritz Carlton being built.
There are however three Starwood hotels.
Westin, Sheraton, and Four Points.
All are good hotels, and you would earn points. With the link Starwood points can be transferred to Marriott.
Four Points is a new hotel, and currently rooms can be had for as low as AUD120 some nights. You could stay there sometimes to get some points, alternating with a serviced apartment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.