Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sydney Hotel Help

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2015, 3:14 pm
Original Poster

Sydney Hotel Help

Hi I am coming for the first time to Sydney as a single 30 something between Christmas and New Years which I know is ultra peak season.

My 2 options are The Park Royal Darling Harbor or the Westin Sydney? Looks like they are both rated the same and the Park Royal was a little more expensive but not much. Just wanted to see what the better area to be in was and the overall better property?

Thanks so much!
Old Apr 30, 2015, 4:21 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
What are you looking to be doing with your time? Shopping? Museums/Galleries? Food? Partying? Key sights? Getting out to the Blue Mountains and other bits of the countryside? Exploring the harbour by ferry? That's likely to make a difference on the "best" for you
Old Apr 30, 2015, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
The location of the Westin is better, imo. Very nice hotel too. I can't speak for the Parkroyal as I've never been inside it.
Old May 1, 2015, 5:20 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
The Parkroyal is 1 star lower than the Westin in quality (not official rating but subjective class of hotel).
Old May 1, 2015, 7:50 am
Original Poster

Thats interesting as TA has Park Royal rated a bunch of spots higher. I am looking just for a good central location in the middle of all the sights, near budget food options, just a really solid base for exploring Sydney.

Originally Posted by number_6
The Parkroyal is 1 star lower than the Westin in quality (not official rating but subjective class of hotel).
Old May 1, 2015, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by ASUDan130
Thats interesting as TA has Park Royal rated a bunch of spots higher. I am looking just for a good central location in the middle of all the sights, near budget food options, just a really solid base for exploring Sydney.
TA ratings should be taken with a grain of salt. The ParkRoyal is definitely a mid-range hotel whereas the Westin is comfortably four star.

The Westin is definitely the better place to be as a tourist as you will have multiple transit options, be in the central city and really budget food options abound in Sydney.
Old May 8, 2015, 12:54 am

Darling Harbor also tends to be quite touristy, so +1 on the Westin

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.