Wiki Posts
Search

Any recommend walks in Auckland?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2015, 7:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Blue,Liberty Lifestyle Rewards
Any recommend walks in Auckland?

When I travel i love to walk, generally to places most tourists don't know about. (lonely planet had great suggestions for this when i was in Dublin). Any great walks to take in and around Auckland? I want to take the ferry to Rangitoto island and do the walk up.

any suggestions would be most appreciated
Old Feb 16, 2015, 1:49 pm

Programs: NZ*S
It depends what sort of walks you want to do. Urban or Bush, A couple of hours, full day or multiday tramps?

There is no shortage of bush walks around Auckland, the Waitakere Ranges (West Auckland) and Hunua Ranges (South) are full of them, along with several coastal walks of varying quality.

Auckland Regional Council Parks & walks
Old Feb 17, 2015, 12:45 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
A walk up Mt Eden for the views over the city, or alternatively take the ferry to Devonport and walk up Mt Victoria. Both fairly short walks.

For something a bit longer there is the urban coast to coast walk. It is not every day you can say you've walked between two oceans.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 2:46 am

Programs: NZ*S
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
For something a bit longer there is the urban coast to coast walk. It is not every day you can say you've walked between two oceans.
Unfortunately a coast to coast walk in NZ technically doesn't meet that requirement, we are in the midst of the pacific ocean, not at its edge.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I second the ferry to Devonport recommendation.

Walk completely around Northhead and poke your head in all the tunnels.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 7:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Blue,Liberty Lifestyle Rewards
Only remembered about this thread now i'm mainly looking at day walks. So i have plans for Mount Eden and taking a ferry and a walk around and up Rangitoto. I'll have to google your suggestions, thanks for the help!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.