Wiki Posts
Search

Buying AFL tickets from the US

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2015, 5:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: aa
Buying AFL tickets from the US

Hello everyone! We are planning on going to a Swans game at SCG at the end of july, or first part of august. Can I purchase these tickets online from the US? Any tips on where to sit? We are a family of 3, our son is 15 years old, going to the game was his pick of what to do in Sydney. Any other help on going to the game would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
There's no issue with purchasing the tickets from the US. The last couple of times I've been to an AFL match it's been in a corporate box in the Churchill Stand. Even though it's behind the goal posts the view was fine when the play was down the other end. If I had to pick (non-members) I'd say on the tiers in either the Brewongle or O'Reilly.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 10:39 pm

You're looking at the Sydney v Adelaide game on Sat Aug 1st then. As it's a late afternoon game I highly doubt that game will be a sell-out and tickets should be available at the gate.
Anyway this is the ticketing info for the SCG. http://www.afl.com.au/tickets/venues/scg
Old Jan 29, 2015, 12:56 pm
Original Poster

Thank you both for the help. Our son is really looking forward to it!
Old Jan 30, 2015, 11:17 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, SPG
I did the same last summer. Took the family to a Swans match and bought the tix ahead of time on the website. No issues at all. Transport from Circular Quay was easy too with dedicated buses- fun outing all in all. Enjoy!
Old Jan 31, 2015, 4:17 pm
Original Poster

Thanks!!!

I am now looking to buy a swans jersey or polo. On eBay it look like everything is shipped from Australia and the shipping is around US $ 35 just for a shirt. Is there a better place I can look to buy one?
Old Jan 31, 2015, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
Originally Posted by travelinterpreters
Thanks!!!

I am now looking to buy a swans jersey or polo. On eBay it look like everything is shipped from Australia and the shipping is around US $ 35 just for a shirt. Is there a better place I can look to buy one?
The Stadium Store is located on the grounds. If you're walking down Driver Avenue it's located at the entrance to the SFS (Allianz).

http://www.stadiumstore.com.au/
Old Feb 1, 2015, 7:28 pm

Programs: VAG
Originally Posted by travelinterpreters
Thanks!!!

AFL pedantry mode engaged: AFL has guernseys, not jerseys.

And I agree with bensyd you might as well wait 'til you're in Sydney to buy one, you can get one at the game.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 4:24 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, UA Premier Platinum, OneWorld Emerald, VA Platinum
That game will only be about 70% sold come game time.
Buy the tickets and the gear at the stadium on game day. Easy peasy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.