Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

What is the validity of PU465's for next year???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2009, 11:06 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"

I still have more of these than I thought thanks to last year's EEP. But, although they don't expire until July 2010, T&C stipulate they have to be used on NW 012 stock for NW and specific KL zonal redemption.

If NWA dissolves prior to then, and cannot issue new 012- etickets, even if existing ones are honored, then technically this will mean they can't be used. The DL masters would love this, but I think if they pulled this trick, there would be some serious protest.

Does anyone have insight into this issue?
Old Sep 22, 2009, 5:42 pm

The rules & terms have been rewritten for the merger. If you log on to your WorldPerks account and go to your E-Certs - click on the SWU certificate to read the rules & regulations. They've changed. I believe you are now able to book them on DL operated flights.

As for honoring them...I have full expectation that DL will honor these through the expiration date. And from what I'm hearing it won't be until March 2010, at the earliest, that the inventory systems are completely combined and still nwa.com may remain operational for a short time thereafter.
Old Sep 22, 2009, 7:50 pm

Programs: DL DM MM (fmr NW Plat), BA GGL/CCR, Aegean Gold, WorldClubs Life, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Dmnd
The re-write is a bit confusing though. It now says "This certificate entitles you to a complimentary one-way upgrade to First Class or World Business Class with the purchase of a qualifying published Coach Class fare that permits upgrades."

I called to upgrade a V fare on a NW-designated DL-op flight ATL-JNB. First agent I talked to (in Chisholm!) told me that the INTL V fare (VLSL41) did not permit upgrades, as only Y/B/M fares were upgradeable INTL. I hung up and got another agent who was more familiar with PU465s and upgraded all the flights (3 people r/t).

If you have problems, I suggest hanging up and trying again

Note that you are able to use them on DL-op, but it still says it must be NW- or KL-designated and on 012 validated ticket stock. So, the flight better have a codeshare and you better be able to book it through NW... "Valid on NW, KL Designated Flights Operated by NW, KL, DL, ZV, XJ, XE, WA, S5, RP, OO, OH, MQ, F8, EV, CP, 9E ... Tickets must be validated on NW/012 ticket stock."
Old Nov 5, 2009, 9:43 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM (NW+DL) FI Gold
Valid until expiration date

I still have 2 PU465s from last years program.

I called the plat line today and asked about the expiration date (Aug 2010) and if I need to use them before nw is completely gone; told that they will be good until the exp date.

Just to validate this verbal information, I send in the same question to TTU and receivec this reply:

Thank you for contacting Delta Airlines.

They're valid through 8/10/10.

Thank you for choosing Delta and our SkyTeam Alliance airlines. We value
your patronage and consider it a privilege to serve your travel needs.

Sincerely,

Mary Zane
SkyMiles Support

So it looks like these swu certs will be good until they expire. Nice.
Old Nov 29, 2009, 11:50 pm

Programs: UA GS; Former Alaska MVPG75/DL Diamond/NW Platinum/BA Gold
Anyone have experience using these on the LAX-SYD flight? There is a NW code share, so I think will try it.
Old Nov 29, 2009, 11:52 pm

Programs: UA GS; Former Alaska MVPG75/DL Diamond/NW Platinum/BA Gold
By the way, don't seem to be able to access these (or any other ECVs) through NWA.com any more... or at least it's temporarily out.
Old Dec 2, 2009, 2:31 pm

Programs: UA Silver, DL Silver (MM), HH LT Diamond, MR LT Platinum
Originally Posted by Manoa Chris
Anyone have experience using these on the LAX-SYD flight? There is a NW code share, so I think will try it.
Yes, I used one back on Sep 18, but as you stated, it needed to be on the NW codeshare, so I booked as NW 4812 instead of DL 17.

If you're going solo, I suggest 7A, 7D, 14A (my seat) or 14D, as the closet next to the seat gives you some extra privacy. Here are some pics and commentary:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/12092908-post65.html

and

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/12097989-post69.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.