Search

Lounge in Singapore? Shower?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2009, 7:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3 Gold
Lounge in Singapore? Shower?

Hi,

I'm an asia-based PE and will be flying through Singapore next month on a pretty hectic schedule.

Is there a lounge I can have access to there?

If yes, does it have a shower?

Thanks.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 7:41 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by prolyfik
Hi,

I'm an asia-based PE and will be flying through Singapore next month on a pretty hectic schedule.

Is there a lounge I can have access to there?

If yes, does it have a shower?

Thanks.
lounge is opened for NW elites for only 3-6am.
i am not sure if u need to fly NW to access it. the flight sin nrt is at 5:xx am.
they do have a shower.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 9:15 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat, DL 0.8MM
They're pretty strict on the whole 3AM thing, I had a long layover and was hoping to wait it out there but I ended up staying at the airport hotel instead.

FWIW, on another occasion I was declined access as a WC member and NW Plat when flying Emirates.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 9:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3 Gold
thanks for the replies
Old Sep 17, 2009, 9:17 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by td_in_training
They're pretty strict on the whole 3AM thing, I had a long layover and was hoping to wait it out there but I ended up staying at the airport hotel instead.

FWIW, on another occasion I was declined access as a WC member and NW Plat when flying Emirates.
u tried to access using ST Elite + or based on Asia-based elite comp WC membership when u were denied?
Old Sep 17, 2009, 10:31 pm

Programs: DL PM; AA EXP
Originally Posted by td_in_training
It must depend on who's manning the desk. I've used it three times this year--all three times I got there around 1:30 a.m. (after finishing up meetings, dinner, & drinks and being too scared to go back to hotel to sleep for fear I wouldn't wake up in time to make it to the airport) and they've let me in to shower, have a cup of coffee, and catch up on e-mail before the 5 a.m. flight.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 6:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The Priority Pass lounges in SIN have showers. Also, there are several lounges that seem eager to sell "day" passes to the general public. Finally, another option is to pay to use the swimming pool at the airport; it has long hours but not 24/7.

I remember the NW contract lounge for C passengers as being not at all appealing in any way--small, windowless, noisy--except for the fact that it was free for me, so another lounge might be a better option overall.

However, some SIN lounges are alcohol-free or charge for alcohol so be careful if this matters to you. (NW lounge had wine and coffee plus potato chips if I remember correctly--not sure whether hard liquor was available.)

bmh3s, how did you get to the lounge at 1:30? In my experience, when flying NW, you can't get past the check-in area until the counter staff arrive at about 3:30 even if you have done OLCI and have no luggage to check. You must wait to answer security questions at the NW check-in area before proceeding to passport control. Has this changed in the last year or two?
Old Sep 18, 2009, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist

I remember the NW contract lounge for C passengers as being not at all appealing in any way--small, windowless, noisy--except for the fact that it was free for me, so another lounge might be a better option overall.
Last time I was there it was the Thai lounge, but I've heard since then it's the SATS lounge now, which is a little nicer.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 2:31 pm

Programs: DL PM+MM
SIN showers

The transit hotel is open 7x24. They have showers in the fitness room for $7 plus free cup of tea, they take most credit cards. ^
Old Sep 18, 2009, 3:04 pm

Programs: DL PM; AA EXP
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist

bmh3s, how did you get to the lounge at 1:30? In my experience, when flying NW, you can't get past the check-in area until the counter staff arrive at about 3:30 even if you have done OLCI and have no luggage to check. You must wait to answer security questions at the NW check-in area before proceeding to passport control. Has this changed in the last year or two?
I did OLCI and had no problem getting through security this year. I don't recall the exact time, but it seems the flights this summer left SIN around 5 a.m. I didn't use the counters, but I'd be shocked if they don't open until 90 minutes before departure. I seem to recall (because I remember laughing to myself at the time) that upon arrival into SIN, the FA made an announcement "reminding" everyone the minimum check-in time at SIN is 3 hours before departure--sometimes getting TO SIN can be a challenge from the city, but I've found the security, etc. at SIN to be very efficient.

At any rate, the OP shouldn't count on getting into the lounge before 3 a.m.--I recall the desk attendant each time this summer acting like we should keep it quiet that she let me in early because she wasn't supposed to. Even though there were only 2 or 3 people in the lounge until maybe an hour before scheduled departure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.