B Fare

Old Sep 17, 09, 3:44 pm
Original Poster

B Fare

Hi

I just bought a "B" fare ticket on Delta/Northwest.

Does anyone think DL will match CO's policy of instant upgrades on B fares for elites anytime in the near future?

(currently CO instantly upgrades y/b fare purchases for all elites and recently announced autoupgrades on M fare purchases for Plats)

Thanks!
Old Sep 17, 09, 6:14 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, Avis First
How much was Y, and how much was FC? I would not be suprised if the FC ticket would have cost the exact same as that B fare, given you the same EQM boost, and guaranteed a seat upfront.
Old Sep 17, 09, 6:51 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.927 MM; HH Diamond
Well, it's definitely not happening now.

Bought a ticket last Friday for flights today. MSP-MKE was a B fare, and no upgrade for me (was #3 of 26 on the list, and first checked in full).

Definitely getting fewer upgrades, and more at the gate, than a year ago.

(Granted, it was Thursday afternoon/evening on a fairly heavy route).
Old Sep 17, 09, 9:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Janus View Post
How much was Y, and how much was FC? I would not be suprised if the FC ticket would have cost the exact same as that B fare, given you the same EQM boost, and guaranteed a seat upfront.
The Y was $100+ more...didn't check FC. will check now... but past the 24 hour point anyways :/
Old Sep 17, 09, 10:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Silver (1MM), Marriott LT Titanium
F, Y and B all earn 150% EQM. There is no EQM difference in these fares at all. And B fares also earn 150% RDM, just as F and Y.

Only difference between these fares: F is purchased FC, Y provides immediate upgrade if V/X space is available and B only provides upgrades during the normal Plat/Gold/Silver windows.

-RM
Old Sep 18, 09, 7:32 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by RobOnLI View Post
F, Y and B all earn 150% EQM. There is no EQM difference in these fares at all. And B fares also earn 150% RDM, just as F and Y.

Only difference between these fares: F is purchased FC, Y provides immediate upgrade if V/X space is available and B only provides upgrades during the normal Plat/Gold/Silver windows.

-RM
Which is exactly what I just said...

I am attempting to point out that the difference in price between Y/B/F might be very small. So if the OP is complaining that B fares don't give him instant upgrades, he could have just paid for a FC ticket, and it would have not cost him any more money.
Old Sep 18, 09, 7:39 am
Original Poster

Which is exactly what I just said...

I am attempting to point out that the difference in price between Y/B/F might be very small. So if the OP is complaining that B fares don't give him instant upgrades, he could have just paid for a FC ticket, and it would have not cost him any more money.
Thanks--- I see your point...

(but I wasn't complaining --- it was more of a thread to see if there was any thing in the works to give Medallions B-fare instant upgrades)

so in the future I'll check the fares F/Y/B, before purchasing.

Thanks!
Old Sep 18, 09, 9:22 am

Programs: DL PM, HHonors Gold
M (Both NW/DL) also qualifies for the 50% bonus, if you're going for that.

Search this Thread