Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mileage run for plat

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2009, 8:50 am

MSP to LAX can be fairly reasonable. Avoid holiday periods. Do MR-for-status before December to reduce potential cancellation like weather etc.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 1:48 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Exec
Check competing routes with Sun Country (SY) and you should be good to go. NW/DL matches fares at same time of day both outbound and inbound.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Agreed, SJU is a cheap MR. Tix for less than $400 should be found maybe in Oct/Nov. Two years ago scored a MSP-SJU for $258 on NW.

Also, typical fall Europe sales in Nov. If you're really lucky, you can score something pretty good. With a $300 ECV, got 12K EQM on a Europe MR from MSP for $325.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 7:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, Avis First
In case anyone was curious; I ended up just booking a round trip MSP-MCO. It is cheaper than the SJU flight, but did not get me the 4,000 I needed. I figure I will get the remaining 2,000 by getting a multi-hop for my Thanksgiving/Christmas trips (which I will book in the next few weeks). Otherwise, if we get double-EQM for Q4, I’ll be set. And worst case, I can just take another quick MR.

Follow-up questions: The flights are sequentially numbered, on the same type of plane, and arrival/departure 1 hour apart. So I am guessing it is going to be the same plane. Do I need to OLCI / TA / GA check-in twice or when I check in the first time, it will check me in for both flights? And in these types of situations, is it best to use the OLCI or the kiosks? (i.e. any chance of issues with OLCI where having a kiosk and agent handy would good incase of problems).

Thanks again to everyone who responded! (This is my first MR, if you have not noticed)

Last edited by Janus; Sep 17, 2009 at 7:54 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.